Includes Forum Rules, major announcements, and important community votes. Post bug reports, feedback, and suggestions.
This Old Neon
Administrator

Post by This Old Neon »

We have increased the forum's global avatar size settings from 100px x 100px to 150px x 150px. We have also increased the file size limit to a generous 1MB. This change was motivated by a number of factors, including the new forum layout, upgraded hosting, and the fact that the forum is now mobile-friendly/responsive.

Please use this thread if you need any help sizing, cropping, or otherwise putting together a TONe-friendly avatar. One of our graphical wizards will be happy to assist. :neon:

Also feel free to use this thread to discuss (or explain (or justify)) your avatar of choice.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Avatar Help & Discussion

Post by The Shoemaker »

Oh boy, might be time for a new pic!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

My new avatar's just a bigger version of my previous one. <3 It's a piece of art that I've always really liked. It's Cao Cao, from one of the cards in a Three Kingdoms-themed playing card set Lady Wu bought for me. There are a bunch of other excellent cards in the set, too, but Cao Cao's my man.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 24 Aug 2017 23:20 My new avatar's just a bigger version of my previous one. <3 It's a piece of art that I've always really liked. It's Cao Cao, from one of the cards in a Three Kingdoms-themed playing card set Lady Wu bought for me. There are a bunch of other excellent cards in the set, too, but Cao Cao's my man.
Glad to finally have an explanation on this. Always wondered.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote: 24 Aug 2017 23:40 Glad to finally have an explanation on this. Always wondered.
Here's the full Cao, for interest's sake. It looks like he's on a boat, so it's probably during Chibi. And if that's the case, he's not going to look so dignified for much longer...
Attachments
MainCaoCao.jpg
MainCaoCao.jpg (521.09 KiB) Viewed 3097 times
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Updated my avatar! This is Mr. Zero as seen in the comic included in the original F-Zero manual. He's the announcer and hype man for the F-Zero Grand Prix. Coincidentally, he bears the same expression I do every time I reach the end of a Nintendo Direct in which a new F-Zero isn't announced!

This has been my avatar for ages on a couple other forums. Thought I'd bring him here too.
You got BOOST power!
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Mine is usually a Wyvern from an early Dragon Warrior game. I love that creature because, in the first game, you run into them just when you start feeling confident. They don't look intimidating but you usually end up running for your life. They're tougher than they look.

My current one is an author, Jorge Luis Borges. He wrote many great books and stories, including Dreamtigers. <3
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

No changes for me, at all. Guess I'll need to get a higher-rez version of my current avatar. It's me! As painted by me.

[EDIT] There we go, bigger n' uglier than ever.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.