Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Post by Kong Wen »

XCOM: Rabbids Edition is coming out next week, and it's one of the very rare Switch games that I've preordered. I suspect a bunch of people who don't normally enjoy this type of game will get it because of the mascots, so let's have a thread to discuss it when it comes out!

First order of business, Nintendo has enough confidence in the game that they're launching a season pass for $20. This is an obvious move for a game like The Legend of Zelda, but for Rabbids it might be a riskier move. The season pass will give you eight weapons at launch, new single-player challenge maps and co-op maps later this fall, and then some new story content in early 2018.

Details via Polygon
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Post by SkyPikachu »

Have we gotten many reviews yet? I read someone saying it's very hard can't find the source though. I'm really interested in this though.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Yeah I'm quite surprised there are no reviews yet, I was hoping to wait for those before pre ordering. Previews have been quite positive though, and I do feel like it will be a good game.

If I get the game, I doubt I'll get the season pass. I don't mind the model though, gameplay focused pack and story focused pack.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I honestly don't really need reviews to know I want to buy this game. Either it's going to be a deep, faithful installment in the XCOM series, or it's going to be a weird, gruesome clusterfuck, either of which I'll enjoy. Like Shoe, I don't think I'll get the season pass unless the game really surprises me and it becomes one of my faves ever and I just starve for more content. I doubt it, but we'll see.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 25 Aug 2017 17:34 I honestly don't really need reviews to know I want to buy this game. Either it's going to be a deep, faithful installment in the XCOM series, or it's going to be a weird, gruesome clusterfuck, either of which I'll enjoy. Like Shoe, I don't think I'll get the season pass unless the game really surprises me and it becomes one of my faves ever and I just starve for more content. I doubt it, but we'll see.
At the moment, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it, but it's such a different sort of game that I am really curious to see what the public opinion is of it .

At the rate I'm blasting through horizon zero dawn, this game might be coming at the perfect time.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Ended up pre-ordering as it looks super fun and the reviews seemed decent so far.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Reviews seem to be pretty positive, so I likely will be picking up the game tomorrow.

I've heard a lot about how this game actually puts up a decent challenge, will be interesting to see!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 25 Aug 2017 19:42 At the moment, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it, but it's such a different sort of game that I am really curious to see what the public opinion is of it. [...] I've heard a lot about how this game actually puts up a decent challenge, will be interesting to see!
It's not exactly an unknown quantity. The game is an XCOM ripoff. So people know what they're getting into, genre, difficulty and all. Obviously with a completely different tone, though. I'm looking forward to it.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Really fun and the levels aren't super short I've probably played for 60-90 minutes and I'm only up to World 1-4 however I did explore like every single area in the hub world and in all the levels plus tutorials may have slowed down the pace.

There only seems to be 4 worlds which is interesting most mario games have 6-8 maybe they're just well hidden. I've never played x-com so i can't compare it but so far I've only had 1 character die and beaten every level first try. A level consists of a few battles.

My pre-order code isn't working it doesn't say it's been used it just say it's not an actual code so maybe I'll have to wait until midnight NY time for it to activate also apparently I can only redeem is on the 29th and 30th :/ kinda sucks.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Did anyone else purchase this at launch?