Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 29 Aug 2017 13:25 Did anyone else purchase this at launch?
I did, but my copy hasn't even shipped yet.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 29 Aug 2017 13:25 Did anyone else purchase this at launch?
The game just released a few hours ago in North America, I think I'll probably go grab it sometime today.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The pixel pack that was available as a preorder/launch run bonus at retailers is currently scheduled for a general release on 4 October. This is available in the season pass and separately. The new challenges is scheduled for 17 October, and story elements are marked for 16 January of next year. The latter two are Europe specifically but I think this should apply to those in NA as well.

I might get the game in general, but not sure if I want to spend $110 locally for the whole thing.
Last edited by kitroplious on 30 Aug 2017 23:31, edited 2 times in total.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

kitroplious wrote: 29 Aug 2017 18:37 I might get the game in general, but not sure if I want to spend $110 locally for the whole thing.
Fortunately I managed to snag it during the Amazon E3 sale for 20% off. I don't think I'll be buying the DLC at all, unless it somehow surprisingly becomes one of my favourite games of all time (hey, anything's possible). I think I'll get my fill and then move on.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Alright picked up the game today, got a free CD of the games soundtrack and the pixel weapons with my purchase, which was neat.

I just finished the mid boss in world 1. I'd say it's around this point where the game really starts to take off. The options you have in terms of movement are awesome, you can do so much in just one turn.

The exploration sections between battles aren't anything amazing, but are a nice change of pace and offer good items to find.

All in all, so far the game is fun :up:
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I've finished world 1 and going back to 100% world 1 things open up quite a bit after world 1 which is nice you have a lot more options and the tactics become more complex.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I finished world 2 yesterday. I like how the evenironments include a lot of different aesthetics due to the rabbit invasions, helps to make it feel like more than your standard Mario grass and desert worlds.

I went back and did most of the challenges in world 1 and found all the chests. The special stage is the only one I don't have a good trophy In yet. I've started going back through world 2 now, there were two or three levels where I didn't get gold so I'll have to redo those.

It's clear the game is balanced towards three party members, but with 6 party members now it would be nice if I could use one more, or at the very least switch out Mario for someone else. I'm finding Rabbid Luigi and Rabbids Mario to be a great combo with their dash attacks. Rabbid Peach is good for defence, and Luigi for momentum and long range.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Just past the world 3 mid boss now, still working my way through.

I've gone back and cleared all the challenges from world 1 and 2 now as well. I'm really liking what the challenges are offering, good variation from the main missions.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Made it to world 4-5 now, nearing the end with over 40 hours clocked in, which is a lot more time than I thought I would spend with this game.

One disappointing aspect has been the viability of the roster. Maybe its just the way I play, but I find almost every map can be most effectively beat with Rabbid Luigi and Rabbid Mario, switching in Luigi here and there for range maps.

I don't find I need peach or Rabbid Peach as I don't need the healing (Rabbid Luigi can heal indirectly). Rabbid Yoshi could have a niche but I find his specials t9 be underwhelming. But, it might just be that I favor a aggressive play style. Maybe those who have a more difficult time find the peaches to be more necessary, and Rabbid Yoshi works better as a cautionary unit rather than an aggressive one.

But, I will say in world 4 I am starting to Switch it up a bit. Maybe I was just a bit too overpowered in world 3 since I went back to 100% the world's prior. In the last couple battles I have swapped in Rabbid Peach and even sat Rabbid Luigi out a couple times.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I beat every level and have a few perfects to clean up. I ran with R Luigi, Luigi and Mario the whole game until the post game stuff and when i decided to do the world 4 challenges with r yoshi and yoshi for fun.

Amazing game no idea how many hours i played though.