Super Mario Odyssey

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.

How many Moons have you collected?

10%
1-199
No votes
200-399
30%
400-599
30%
600-749
10%
750-899
10%
900-998
No votes
10%

Total votes: 10

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Super Mario Odyssey

Post by Kreegs »

Super Mario Cereal will be out in the US on December 11th. If you live elsewhere and would like one of the Mario Odyssey amiibo cards from the cereal, send me a personal message and we can work something out.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 01 Dec 2017 04:17 Super Mario Cereal will be out in the US on December 11th. If you live elsewhere and would like one of the Mario Odyssey amiibo cards from the cereal, send me a personal message and we can work something out.
I actually thought about using the Kreegs card, but I can get the functionality from my own amiibo so I don't really feel it's worth It!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote: 01 Dec 2017 19:23
Kreegs wrote: 01 Dec 2017 04:17 Super Mario Cereal will be out in the US on December 11th. If you live elsewhere and would like one of the Mario Odyssey amiibo cards from the cereal, send me a personal message and we can work something out.
I actually thought about using the Kreegs card, but I can get the functionality from my own amiibo so I don't really feel it's worth It!
Totally! Just in case someone wanted one to put on their amiibo shelf.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I'm really really enjoying this game. Currently the only thing I don't like is that you seem to get moons way to easily. Though there's over 1000 moons so that's crazy I guess.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 03 Dec 2017 02:35 I'm really really enjoying this game. Currently the only thing I don't like is that you seem to get moons way to easily. Though there's over 1000 moons so that's crazy I guess.
You really are rewarded with a moon for everything you do :lol: Definitely a different approach than the previous 3D Mario games.

I'm all done with the game, but I've been playing with my niece when she comes over on the weekends. The two player mode works quite well for inexperienced players. Throwing around cappy is helpful, but I also really like that if I press A, I can give Mario a higher jump, even if he has already jumped. Helps to save the primary player if they made a bad jump. You can also control the camera as the second player which I find to be really helpful since inexperienced gamers aren't great at controlling the camera themselves.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I am at 436 moons. I am really liking exploring the kingdoms now that I have beaten Bowser. It has been fun and frustrating!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 03 Dec 2017 18:05 I am at 436 moons. I am really liking exploring the kingdoms now that I have beaten Bowser. It has been fun and frustrating!
Almost enough for the final challenge!
Spoiler
Bowser's kingdom
was one of my favourites to explore afterwards. Moons in every corner, and in a lot of places you would not expect.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

After 50 moons found on Wooded Kingdom, I moved on to Lake Kingdom. Found all special coins there, but will stay for some more moons if I can find them (it's a small stage). Still below 200 moons total.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Some photos I took along the way! They are all late game/end game spoilers
Spoiler
(thought this moon was in a real clever spot)
(Retro filter mushroom Kingdom)
(Also, does putting pictures in spoiler tags take away the ability to zoom in on them?)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 11 Dec 2017 21:10 (Also, does putting pictures in spoiler tags take away the ability to zoom in on them?)
(It seems to.)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming