Super Mario Odyssey

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.

How many Moons have you collected?

10%
1-199
No votes
200-399
30%
400-599
30%
600-749
10%
750-899
10%
900-998
No votes
10%

Total votes: 10

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Super Mario Odyssey

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Only recently discovered the lists in the game and checked the moon lists per area. As I kept count of the moons I found on Bl, I checked if the numbers were the same .. they weren't. Oddly enough the total moons I counted always was the same as the ship/sail would show. Anyone else noticed this difference?
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 17 Dec 2017 16:18 Only recently discovered the lists in the game and checked the moon lists per area. As I kept count of the moons I found on Bl, I checked if the numbers were the same .. they weren't. Oddly enough the total moons I counted always was the same as the ship/sail would show. Anyone else noticed this difference?
Not sure what you mean by this! In what way are you counting your moons that they don't add up to the list?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I count them when I collect them. They show on screen in rows of 10, so not difficult to count. When you go to the map in the game you can go to the lists where the list of collected moons can be found. Some worlds show the same number of moons on that list as the number of moons I've counted, but other worlds show less moons. As the total of my count still is the same as the ships total moons, I found it strange that the numbers per world don't match.
Before I quit playing, I always save my game so I should not lose any moons. I'll put on some numbers later when I get back to my room.
Grt. Merlin

kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 17 Dec 2017 16:54 I count them when I collect them. They show on screen in rows of 10, so not difficult to count. When you go to the map in the game you can go to the lists where the list of collected moons can be found. Some worlds show the same number of moons on that list as the number of moons I've counted, but other worlds show less moons. As the total of my count still is the same as the ships total moons, I found it strange that the numbers per world don't match.
Before I quit playing, I always save my game so I should not lose any moons. I'll put on some numbers later when I get back to my room.
Spoiler
Did you buy any extra moons postgame? (Unless there’s a counter similar to when you get the triple moon pack)
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Just checked and I think I know what causes the mismatch in numbers. The tripple moons are counted as 1 moon in the lists. Still can't explain some other numbers as I counted 25 in Lake Kingdom and the list says 25 with 1 tripple. And I can't seem to find the one moon (or star) I found through a painting in Luncheon Kingdom.

Anyway, nevermind this .. I just go with what I've counted and see afterwards what the lists will say.

@kitroplious: Haven't bought any postgame moons, I'm still on my way to Bowser. Just got stranded in Ruined Kingdom.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Have you travelled through any paintings? When you collect moons via paintings they'll stay on your counter until you unload them in the odyssey. Those moons count towards the kingdoms you found them in.

Also, moons you find via artwork count towards the kingdom you found the art work in.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Haven't found moons by artwork yet, only by travelling through paintings. But as I wrote, I'll check the numbers again after beating Bowser and going back to the kingdoms to collect the remaining moons.
Grt. Merlin

MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Have beaten the main story just before the end of 2017 :) Now going to collect the remaining moons and coins after I've done enough on Mushroom Kingdom.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote: 01 Jan 2018 00:06 Have beaten the main story just before the end of 2017 :) Now going to collect the remaining moons and coins after I've done enough on Mushroom Kingdom.
Awesome! You still have a lot of game left!
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

The Shoemaker wrote: 01 Jan 2018 02:46
MerlinDrazziw wrote: 01 Jan 2018 00:06 Have beaten the main story just before the end of 2017 :) Now going to collect the remaining moons and coins after I've done enough on Mushroom Kingdom.
Awesome! You still have a lot of game left!
Yep. Working on that. First explored the new areas a bit and now back in Cap Kingdom to revisit all areas for the remaining moons/stars.
Grt. Merlin