Super Mario Odyssey

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.

How many Moons have you collected?

10%
1-199
No votes
200-399
30%
400-599
30%
600-749
10%
750-899
10%
900-998
No votes
10%

Total votes: 10

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Super Mario Odyssey

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 14 Oct 2017 22:56 Do we have to use split joy cons for this game’s optimal experience? If so, I will have to get another pair. Both my sets were from launch so they both have the left joy con issue of desyncing.
Why don't you send them in to Nintendo? They'll fix them for free.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Seriously?? How do I do that? Do I need a receipt or anything?
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 15 Oct 2017 05:50 Seriously?? How do I do that? Do I need a receipt or anything?
Just call Nintendo, tell them your issue, and they'll set up an order for you. They'll give you free shipping as well. The whole process should only take around a week, from sending them in and getting them back.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Nice. I’ll have to do that! Do they pay for shipping?

I want to get this done before Odyssey!! Anyone else think that Nintendo showed off a bit too much of this game? Or was it the right amount.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote: 16 Oct 2017 00:32 Nice. I’ll have to do that! Do they pay for shipping?

I want to get this done before Odyssey!! Anyone else think that Nintendo showed off a bit too much of this game? Or was it the right amount.
Yup they'll cover the shipping! My experience has been that anytime I send something in to Nintendo, I get it back within a week, so if you send it in Monday I imagine 10 business days would be plenty to get it back in time for odyssey.

I feel like they've shown a lot, but I also felt they showed a lot of breath of the wild and it turned out there was plenty more to see. Pretty sure odyssey has something like 600+ moons as well, so I think there will be a lot to discover!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

True, and it seemed like they showed a lot woth BotW,but it was all on thr Great Plateau!!
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Super Mario Odyssey is now up for preload. I’ll be getting the boxed version though, but just a heads up for those going the Nintendo eShop route.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Hoo boy, what a game this is turning out to be. Really feels like "next gen Mario. I'm surprised how much of an adventure game it feels like, rather than a platformer with disconnected worlds.

I've played using split joy con and the pro controller, and I think I still like the pro controller the best even though the game recommends split joy con. You can do the same motion gestures with the pro controller, but you can also just ignore motion all together and just use the buttons, which I find to be the most comfortable.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

The Shoemaker wrote: 27 Oct 2017 23:29
I've played using split joy con and the pro controller, and I think I still like the pro controller the best even though the game recommends split joy con. You can do the same motion gestures with the pro controller, but you can also just ignore motion all together and just use the buttons, which I find to be the most comfortable.
Thats what most of the reviews have said. I cant wait to weigh in! My copy is here and sitting on my coffee table.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 27 Oct 2017 23:29 I've played using split joy con and the pro controller, and I think I still like the pro controller the best even though the game recommends split joy con. You can do the same motion gestures with the pro controller, but you can also just ignore motion all together and just use the buttons, which I find to be the most comfortable.
That's good to hear! I think I'll still start it off with SplitCons and see how much I can tolerate it before going back to the ProCon if necessary. Feels Nintendo.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming