Coming Soon / Upcoming Games

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Coming Soon / Upcoming Games

Post by The Shoemaker »

SkyPikachu wrote: 13 Jul 2020 10:37 I'm wondering when we will hear from Nintendo about their games for later this year.

The current lineup is.

July - Paper Mario: The Origami King (Big release)
November - Bakugan: Champions of Vestroia (Children's Anime series)
2020 TBA - Bravely Default II (Not a system seller)
2020 TBA - No More Heroes III (Not a system seller)

I can't seen Bakugan, Bravely Default II and No More Heroes III being Nintendo's competition against the Xbox Series X and the PS5

We will have to see something like Metriod Trilogy, 3D mario remakes, Breath of the Wild 2 or some other big title.

It's the middle of July I really don't understand why we haven't heard anything surely they need to start promoting something soon?

Covid isn't stopping the release of Xbox Series X or the Playstation 5 so surely Nintendo can't be held back by this.
My guess is work from home effects Nintendo more being primarily japanese developers. They are also Nintendo, very secretive and unwilling to budge on certain things.

Paper Mario was announced less than 2 months in advance, so maybe in september we'll hear about something? Quite possible they didn't have much planned for this year in the first place. They keep saying the games they had planned for fiscal 2020 aren't effected by COVID.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

I'm going to retire the big list since it's a bit much to maintain. What I will do is post when I hear about new release dates being published and we can discuss those. Otherwise it's just a huge ask to constantly be updating and trying to work out which games deserve to be on the list and which don't becomes hard. I will keep the current list and every so often just remove released games until 2021. I'll also link everyone to the wikipedia page of game releases.

Regardless Pikmin 3: Deluxe was just announced for the switch coming October 30th. I have a switch voucher to use before November so this is definitely on my radar as a possible pick up. However I'm not 100% sure how much I'd like it.

(Others include Paper Mario, Animal Crossing, Xenoblade 1)
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Halo Infinite has been delayed. Pretty big blow for Microsoft since they're still launching the Series X in November.Halo was a huge selling point for the system and now it's not launching day one.