Mega Man 11

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Mega Man 11

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 05 Dec 2017 20:15 There's no question of me being right. I'm not guessing or speculating. I'm guaranteeing. :)
Ah, well usually guarantees come with some assurance of compensation if not met. Can you back this up with some TONeBux? :lol:
You got BOOST power!
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Claytone wrote: 05 Dec 2017 18:54This is one of my (and many others') favorite series, and I'd love to have entry #11 (12, really, counting MM&B) lining my shelf next year.
What's MM&B? Also do you not count MMX?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote: 06 Dec 2017 11:04
Claytone wrote: 05 Dec 2017 18:54This is one of my (and many others') favorite series, and I'd love to have entry #11 (12, really, counting MM&B) lining my shelf next year.
What's MM&B? Also do you not count MMX?
MMX is part of the MMX series, not the mainline Mega Man series.

MM&B is Mega Man & Bass, which I also consider to be a spinoff, but Clay apparently doesn't.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote: 06 Dec 2017 14:42
MM&B is Mega Man & Bass, which I also consider to be a spinoff, but Clay apparently doesn't.
It's definitely a tweener, IMO. One of the key reasons that Mega Man X is different from Mega Man Classic is that the protagonists are entirely different robots, and the former takes place years later after Light's and Wily's deaths. Similar reasons for Zero, Legends, etc.

Meanwhile, Mega Man & Bass takes place reasonably directly after Mega Man 8 and features the the Classic cast. I guess there's a reason they didn't just call it 9, but it still strikes me as essentially a mainline game.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote: 07 Dec 2017 17:36
Kong Wen wrote: 06 Dec 2017 14:42
It's definitely a tweener, IMO. One of the key reasons that Mega Man X is different from Mega Man Classic is that the protagonists are entirely different robots, and the former takes place years later after Light's and Wily's deaths. Similar reasons for Zero, Legends, etc.

Meanwhile, Mega Man & Bass takes place reasonably directly after Mega Man 8 and features the the Classic cast. I guess there's a reason they didn't just call it 9, but it still strikes me as essentially a mainline game.
The Yoshi's Island of the Mega Man series.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

If you are not excited, the theme song to the show will get you super jazzed. I already have all the words memorized!

I intend to live forever, or die trying