Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by Kong Wen »

Yeah, I thought the online seemed pretty smooth. Mind you, we were all connecting from pretty close, at a non-peak time, but I think it bodes well.

I did eventually start getting used to the CCP after a few matches and a little bit of setup. Now to get used to the characters, stages, and items. :)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Woooow, apparently you can't hammer "complete all stars with all characters" but you can for all the others. What garbage.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Downloaded Smash yesterday after getting an amiibo. Didn't see Smash in the retail store I got the amiibo, but I didn't get it for the game. Still have to start with Smash and probably wait with going online till I get some practice time in. Speeking of which, what's best to start with? There was some kind of story mode?
Did anyone else get one or more amiibos and use it/them with Smash?
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Downloaded Smash yesterday after getting an amiibo. Didn't see Smash in the retail store I got the amiibo, but I didn't get it for the game. Still have to start with Smash and probably wait with going online till I get some practice time in. Speeking of which, what's best to start with? There was some kind of story mode?
Did anyone else get one or more amiibos and use it/them with Smash?
Event Mode and Classic are probably the one's that teach you the most about the characters, but I always find pure Smash mode to be the best way to get into it :) Find someone you like and get to know them before you switch to many different characters. PPlay on a low to moderate difficulty. If you're using the GamePad/Pro/Classic controller you can use the right anolog stick to to quick smash moves in any direction, might be easier for you this way.

I've used my Mario Amiibo is Smash, not much though because I've only played the game once so far, been away from home too much. Ir's cool, but I wish I had all of my equipment and custom moves from the 3DS version to use on it.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Played the game a little, did some solo games. Also scanned Samus, but didn't see where to train with it. Checked out what was under Custom. Forgot to count how many trophies there are, got 3 of them so far. But that was for creating a custom character, custom Mii character and building a stage.
Will check the regular Smash and event parts of the game next.
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Anyone wanna play some matches this Monday (tomorrow) on either game? I'll just be studying thoughout the day so I'll be very willing to take a break at any time :P
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I've been really getting into Shulk, I'm really feeling it!

His Monado arts give him a lot of diversity and allows you to really catch your opponent off gaurd. He has great range and very little lag between his moves. I think I found someone I like even more than Ike! :shock:
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

I'm much more pleased with the Wii U version than I was with the 3DS. I've got three times the hours into it. The Amiibo use is fun but I still kinda wish you could play as that Amiibo when you do instead of fighting against it to train it.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

squishy wrote:I'm much more pleased with the Wii U version than I was with the 3DS. I've got three times the hours into it. The Amiibo use is fun but I still kinda wish you could play as that Amiibo when you do instead of fighting against it to train it.
That's good to hear! I wish I could use Amiibo's in every mode of Smash. It would be nice if I could do Classic Mode with my Amiibo to make it a little less redundant.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

What mode enables you to team up with your amiibo? Haven't found this option, but read and hear about it.
Grt. Merlin