Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kurachi

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by Kurachi »

Duck Hunt isn't available from the start... i corrected this
Kurachi wrote: btw, are soundtracks obtainable with CD's again? its annoying to hear other zelda music on the temple while we wanted to hear the original one only, but cannot turn the others off, as we havent collected em yet
Yes, new songs can be found on CDs. You can definitely turn off non-Zelda music in the sound menu. And songs found on CDs won't play until you've actually found the CD, so don't worry about that. After you find a CD, though, you will have to go turn off the track in the options if you don't like it.
well, we had the music of a song we dont have unlocked while only the SSBM/SSBB temple music turned on 100%, the rest completely turned off (0%)
that music was anything BUT temple music we wanted

also, are those CD's collected through picking up while playing?

by the way, i have seen 1 char which is locked according to gamefaqs, which the wii u version has unlocked already, and that char is bowser jr
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kurachi wrote:Duck Hunt isn't available from the start... i corrected this
Kurachi wrote: btw, are soundtracks obtainable with CD's again? its annoying to hear other zelda music on the temple while we wanted to hear the original one only, but cannot turn the others off, as we havent collected em yet
Yes, new songs can be found on CDs. You can definitely turn off non-Zelda music in the sound menu. And songs found on CDs won't play until you've actually found the CD, so don't worry about that. After you find a CD, though, you will have to go turn off the track in the options if you don't like it.
well, we had the music of a song we dont have unlocked while only the SSBM/SSBB temple music turned on 100%, the rest completely turned off (0%)
that music was anything BUT temple music we wanted

also, are those CD's collected through picking up while playing?

by the way, i have seen 1 char which is locked according to gamefaqs, which the wii u version has unlocked already, and that char is bowser jr
Not much we can say, just make sure all other songs are turned down to zero!

And you may be looking at a faq for the 3DS version. Bowser Jr. comes unlocked in the Wii U version but hidden in the 3DS version.

Also, characters are unlocked every 10 Smash games you play (in the 3DS version at least, I'm sure it's similar for the Wii U) so if you're getting conflicting information just keep playing Smash and you'll get there.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kurachi

Post by Kurachi »

all the others are at zero, thats why i dont get it

anyway, next time (about 2 weeks, i think) i'll check it out, see if we can get it to work

the game itself is great, and the stage builder could've been better (with that "windmill" and more stuff), but we can enjoy
we made a stage like a snail-shell, and we put strong barrels at the entrance, so there's almost no escape.... unless the target we beat up gets smashed through the trigger area of the barrels, lol

and some other stages which we can deal alot of damage in
only things i dont like are as mentioned 1. the few abilities it has, and 2. the walls seem really easy to smash someone through, even if its made in 1 piece
for the rest its fun

next time i'll check the issue with music in stages, and then we'll have more fun again

ps. we're still training, as he has no gamecuibe adapter, and he uses the wiiu "controller" and i use the classic controller (much better than wiimote), and the controls are kinda stiff
once he gets such gamecube adapter (with 4 slots), we can train for real again with the gamecube controllers :D
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I like using the Amiibos in the 3DS version of Smash. Mainly because I play it more out of convenience, but also I have waaay more custom moves and Equipment in the 3DS version so I can actually modify them now :p
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Life is suffering.

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:Life is suffering.
Too bad, I thought Rayman would've been a good addition honestly. Just mewtoo then!
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Does uh... does anybody still play Smash Bros? I have WiiU/3DS and Project M all set up for online play, but nobody here appears to be on anymore.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

It's been a while that I've played Smash and that was more offline than online. It's just not my kind of game. Read about the last update with a tournament mode, but haven't checked it out. If it's possible to set up a TONe tournament, I might join to go out in the first round ;)
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I still play, but rarely online. I prefer to play the 3DS version to the Wii U version and I just never really think of playing online.

Now that there's a Tournament mode on the Wii U version though we should definitely get something going.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I would play, but I don't just throw the game on and see what's going on. The only way I'd really be around to play is if it were something planned.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming