Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Post by Spore »

slopes
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:slopes
My first thought was that this stage has more elements than Mario Maker itself :lol:

Is anyone really into the Smash DLC? I like that they're making the effort, but for me the DLC is too sparse and too expensive for me to really care about it all. I felt like Mario Kart did it right, offering you 16 courses, 6 characters and new vehicles for $12 or so. They released lots of content at once as well. With Smash, it's kind of like a couple stages and characters here and there with no great bundle price. I think it probably takes more work to make the content in this game, but it would have been much more appealing to me if there had been 1 big DLC release so far at a solid price, not $40 for 3 characters 2 retro stages and 1 new stage. That's assuming you want the DLC on both Wii U and 3DS of course.

Edit: Oh and a bunch of Mii costumes that aren't that appealing since you can't even use Mii's online outside of friends.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Sometime this month there's going to be a Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct like event - any ideas on what they'll talk about?

In the last Nintendo Direct they showed off Cloud, who looks to be a mix between Ike and Shulk (right up my alley). They also showed off a Final Fantasy themed stage. It's pretty cool to see Final Fantasy represented in general.

I'm guessing in this upcoming event they'll announce the rest of the DLC characters that came out of the Smash Ballot, as well as a few extra stages. I have a feeling they might unveil some sort of new game mode, just because this seems like more than a character announcement show. I also think they'll announce that this is the last round of DLC for the game.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Yup, looks like it's the final presentation for the game.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

I can't believe they're fusing King K.Rool and Ridley into one character! The fact that his final Smash transforms him into Goku is even better.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:I can't believe they're fusing King K.Rool and Ridley into one character! The fact that his final Smash transforms him into Goku is even better.
Pshhh those are all old rumours. It's all about indie Bros. now. Shantae + Shovel Knight fusion.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Would have loved Shantae but the characters they added are really good choices. I think they're brilliant.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Spore wrote:I can't believe they're fusing King K.Rool and Ridley into one character! The fact that his final Smash transforms him into Goku is even better.
Pshhh those are all old rumours. It's all about indie Bros. now. Shantae + Shovel Knight fusion.
I forgot about all that.