Nintendo eShop Deals & Sales

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Re: Nintendo eShop Deals & Sales

Post by Starmancer »

Maybe they figured out how to use the Wii U gamepad as a base? Otherwise I'm as confused as you are. :/
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:I noticed that as well, does the game not function at all without the base? I think the only way to get it is eBay, or if you already owned one.
No, I've read you need the base and the figures. There could be some on the second-hand market.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Starmancer wrote:Maybe they figured out how to use the Wii U gamepad as a base? Otherwise I'm as confused as you are. :/
Oh yeah, with the NFC feature! Too bad... I don't think Disney's going to consider switching over to this in future games with figures that would use the GamePad. :(
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
Starmancer wrote:Maybe they figured out how to use the Wii U gamepad as a base? Otherwise I'm as confused as you are. :/
Oh yeah, with the NFC feature! Too bad... I don't think Disney's going to consider switching over to this in future games with figures that would use the GamePad. :(
I doubt it as well since people wouldn't need to buy their base anymore, plus it makes it a little confusing for customers. Though I do believe Nintendo hinted at using their figurines in Disney Infinity.
Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:I noticed that as well, does the game not function at all without the base? I think the only way to get it is eBay, or if you already owned one.
No, I've read you need the base and the figures. There could be some on the second-hand market.
That's what I thought, I think I'm just going to wait for Amiibo, too many figures and peripherals to get into.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Limited (so far) in terms of sales, so here is some new and original games coming to the Nintendo eShop this week...

UPCOMING NEW RELEASES (Aug. 28 - unless otherwise stated)

Zen Pinball 2 - new tables for Wii U

• The Walking Dead (free demo - unlock: $2.99/€2.99/£2.39)
• Doctor Strange (free demo - unlock: $2.99/€2.99/£2.39)
• Deadpool (free demo - unlock: $2.99/€2.99/£2.39)
• Guardians of the Galaxy (free demo - unlock: $2.99/€2.99/£2.39)

Mario Kart 8 x Mercedes Benz DLC

• free update (beginning August 27)
• comes with three cars (Mercedes-Benz GLA, 300 SL Roadster [1950s], legendary Silver Arrow [1930s])

SteamWorld Dig - Special offer (Wii U; PAL only)

• SteamWorld Dig for Wii U is €6.49/£4.99 (until September 25), if you have the 3DS version of the game on the same Nintendo Network ID.

Virtual Console

• [PAL] Mario Golf: Advance Tour (€6.99/£6.29; Wii U)
• [PAL] MEGA MAN 5 (€3.99/£3.59; 3DS)
• [NA] Donkey Kong Jr. Math ($4.99; Wii U)
• [NA] MEGA MAN X3 ($7.99; Wii U)

New notable 3DS eShop games (NA)

• Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter ($7.99)
• Azure Striker Gunvolt ($14.99; Aug. 29)
• Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright ($29.99US / $34.99CA; Aug. 29)
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

LATEST RELEASES, SALES & DEALS (North America) (Aug. 28 - unless otherwise stated)

Note: Some of these have already been mentioned, but this is a reminder.

New Releases

• Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS; $29.99 / $34.99 - August 29)
• Azure Striker GUNVOLT (3DS; $14.99 - August 29)*Purchase comes with Mighty Gunvolt (limited time only!)*
• Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter (3DS; $7.99)
• SteamWorld Dig (Wii U; $9.99 /$10.99)
• The Fall (Wii U; $9.99)
• Donkey Kong Jr. Math (Wii U [Virtual Console]; $4.99)
• Mega Man X3 (Wii U [Virtual Console]; $7.99)

Mario Kart 8 x Animal Crossing / Mario Kart 8 x The Legend of Zelda DLC Pre-Order

• Each pack (if purchased separately) is $7.99
• Pack 1+2 bundle is $11.99
• 2 cups, 8 tracks per pack (4 cups, 6 characters, 8 vehicles, 16 tracks total)
* Pack 1 characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
* Pack 2 characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
• Latter releases in November 2014; former May 2015
• Purchase the packs now (bundle or separately) will receive 8 new colors of Yoshi and Shy Guy, and can use them immediately.

Coming soon:

• Street Fighter 2010: The Final Fight – Sept. 1 (Virtual Console on Wii U)
• Nobunaga’s Ambition – Sept. 4 (Virtual Console on Wii U)

CAPCOM SALE (ends September 4):

* Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Dual Destinies ($17.99, was $29.99)
* Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS: $19.99, was $39.99 / Wii U: $15.99, was $39.99)
* SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D ($9.99, was $19.99)
* Resident Evil Revelations (3DS: $8.99, was $19.99 / Wii U: $19.99, was $49.99)
* Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D ($8.99, was $19.99)
* DuckTales Remastered ($7.49, was $14.99)
* (TONe Gaming Club!) → Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara ($6.75, was $14.99)
* Street Fighter Alpha 2 [Wii U VC] ($4.99, was $7.99)
* Super Street Fighter II: The New Challengers [Wii U VC] ($4.99; was $7.99)
* Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting [Wii U VC] ($4.99; was $7.99)
* Street Fighter II: The World Warrior [Wii U VC] ($4.99; was $7.99)

Other sales/Price drop:

• Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo $3.95, was $7.99 - Starts September 3rd, ends 24th.
• Soccer Up 3D ($1.99; was $6.99 - ends September 17th)
• Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Blacklist [PERMANENT PRICE DROP] ($19.99 - starting September 1).
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Have fun with Mega Man X3! Europe may have gotten their Smash Bros Eshop discounts, but at least you guys in North America get some decent Capcom as discounts, with a promising 3DS EShop game as well, with a free game to boot.

Hope we get Mega Man X3 next week, as I have been wanting to play the SNES version one for years now, without selling a kidney. :lol:
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I was thinking about getting Thorium Wars: Attack of the Skyfighter as a Star Fox substitute, but reviews have said don't bother so I'm not really sure about it.

I will be getting Gunvolt tomorrow though.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

slangman wrote:Hope we get Mega Man X3 next week, as I have been wanting to play the SNES version one for years now, without selling a kidney. :lol:
I happened upon a retro game store in Toronto and saw a copy of this priced at $499.99. I couldn't believe my eyes! I think I snagged a copy for $30 or $40. It's not even particularly good. Is it just that rare?

The VC version should be fine enough for anyone who's interested, that's for sure!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
slangman
Beginner

Post by slangman »

Kong Wen wrote:
slangman wrote:Hope we get Mega Man X3 next week, as I have been wanting to play the SNES version one for years now, without selling a kidney. :lol:
I happened upon a retro game store in Toronto and saw a copy of this priced at $499.99. I couldn't believe my eyes! I think I snagged a copy for $30 or $40. It's not even particularly good. Is it just that rare?

The VC version should be fine enough for anyone who's interested, that's for sure!
You got real lucky to grab Mega Man X3 at that price, even if your copy is cart only. The Mega Man games aren't cheap in the first place, particularly on the SNES. It is indeed rare, as I see cart only copies go for £150 (approx USD $249.99). Probably because this one was released so late in the SNES lifespan, and again take into account that Mega Man games didn't exactly get a high print run back in the day.