President and COO of Nintendo America Reggie Fils-Aimé retires

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

President and COO of Nintendo America Reggie Fils-Aimé retires

Post by SkyPikachu »

We've all spoken about this in chat but I feel like it's worth it's own thread considering Reggie was a big deal.

President and COO of Nintendo America Reggie Fils-Aimé has announced his retiring April 15th 2019.

He's been a pretty big face of Nintendo for almost 2 decades so this will be a big change. You can watch his farewell video here.

He'll be replace by Doug Bowser (Yes Bowser) who's currently Head of Sales & Marketing at Nintendo of America.

Last edited by SkyPikachu on 23 Feb 2019 07:14, edited 1 time in total.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: President and CEO of Nintendo America Reggie Fils-Aimé retires

Post by SkyPikachu »

Personally I see this more of just losing a great marketing guy instead of any amazing backbone of the company so I don't expect much change and I personally never boarded the hype train. I hope he enjoys his retirement he seems like a decent guy and I can't deny he has helped shape Nintendo image through marketing.

I could be completely wrong and maybe the president of NOA has a huge impact on games and such.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Doug Bowser has am extensive marketing history so I imagine he will fill reggie's shoes well.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

He’s actually COO I think not CEO. It’s tough to tell how much he did other than public relations. That can be a very involved role but as always it depends on the company.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.