Baseball

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Baseball

Post by Claytone »

Kreegs wrote:
Claytone wrote:Where is Kreegs!? I need a friend to pull me through the Braves horrible season (so far), and it looks like he needs one too. :(

On the plus side, Georgia Tech baseball is a nice 23-9 on the year (7-7 in conference). We dropped a horrible game against arch-rival Georgia on Tuesday (season-low hits for GT), but I like our chances to take another ACC series this weekend. Should be very interesting to see how the season continues.
Im here. Boy is this embarrassing. I love the Twins but man this is hard to watch. Who do you think is going to be the first to 10 wins this season, and will it happen before July?!

Minnesota Gopher baseball is also doing solid in the Big Ten!
Haha, that's a great question. Braves look like they might have a chance at beating the Marlins tonight... but they've looked like they had a chance in a lot of their first 9 games too. Hope the Twins can take the Angels tonight!

Good to hear Minnesota's faring well in baseball. Tech's about to drop the series opener to NC State tonight, but we played well so hopefully we can turn it around tomorrow.
You got BOOST power!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Both the Twins and Braves won last night and the Twins won again today! Talk about catching fire!!!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Twins sweep the Angels! Someone call the fire department!!!! :shock:
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Braves got the sweep too! Twins and Braves both on pace to either sweep or get swept all season! :lol:
You got BOOST power!
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

America's Pastime defended. ;)

Now go to hell, Dodgers, and let's get us an entertaining Cleveland vs Cubbies WS.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Go Cubs!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I hope the Indians win. Being a Minnesota sports fan, it has always been nice knowing that there is a fanbase out there that has suffered worse than we have.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kreegs wrote:I hope the Indians win. Being a Minnesota sports fan, it has always been nice knowing that there is a fanbase out there that has suffered worse than we have.
You know the Cubs have suffered even worse, right? It's hard not to root for both teams here.

Well, not that hard. Go Cubs!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

VictorViper wrote:
Kreegs wrote:I hope the Indians win. Being a Minnesota sports fan, it has always been nice knowing that there is a fanbase out there that has suffered worse than we have.
You know the Cubs have suffered even worse, right? It's hard not to root for both teams here.

Well, not that hard. Go Cubs!
I think he's talking about the city of Chicago, which has won titles in all major sports at least once since 1985 (including the '90s bulls Blackhawks' great success very recently). Hardly a tortured city. Meanwhile, Cleveland has exactly one title in all of its sports in its history (not counting AFL championships, which I think is reasonable).

I would point out that the same is true of Atlanta, though, and our title is 21 years less recent! When do we become the lovable loser city?
You got BOOST power!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I was saying that the Cubs fans suffer, but they still have all the other Chicago teams that have had lots of success.