Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Alternative consoles (e.g. Ouya), arcades, board gaming, card games, cross-platform, pen & paper, pinball, retro gaming, tabletop, and any other form of gaming that doesn't fit the other categories can be discussed here.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara

Post by Kong Wen »

Share and I played a couple stages of this last night, but we kept getting disconnected, at least once per stage. It was very annoying!

We started with Tower of Doom, and we managed to clear the first stage on our second attempt, then I think we kept disconnecting during the second stage and couldn't finish (although I finished it solo since we were close to the end when we disconnected the last time).

We're hoping the matchmaking was just having a bad night and we have better luck later...
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

The game's 60% off on Wii U this week so I'm thinking about getting it if people are still playing. Not that anyone has the Wii U version, but I'd join in on the discussion :P
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:The game's 60% off on Wii U this week so I'm thinking about getting it if people are still playing. Not that anyone has the Wii U version, but I'd join in on the discussion :P
Definitely hop on that deal!

I've been away for several days, but I'm back in town with my PS3 again so I'll be ready to play this week (especially if we can get some stable network time).
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I'm going to see if I can't beat Tower of Doom tonight. Ping me in the chat if you're interested in joining (PS3).

After that I'll be doing my usual Xillia and/or Phantasy Star and/or Kid Chameleon. But I'm starting with Tower in an hour or so.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Share and I played another level together, then he spontaneously died, so I pressed onward! I killed a few bosses, including a couple optional paths, and I even fought an intentional-quarter-muncher. It's funny to see just how much of this game was lifted for Dragon's Crown! Except Dragon's Crown has reliable online... really should get back to it at some point.

Anyway, I didn't check for sure, but I think I'm a few stages away from the boss. I could beat it this weekend if I put the time in. I've already cleared Shadow over Mystara with Vic and Jelly, so after beating Tower I'll just have to look for treasures and work on trophies.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I did beat Tower of Doom last night. Pretty spiffy game. It's too bad the online appears to be broken. I beat it using the fighter, Throm. I want to beat it with the other three characters and use the opportunity to go down some different paths. After that I'll do a similar scrub of Shadow Over Mystara and then do any trophy cleanup that may remain.

I enjoyed fighting a manticore. One of my favorite made up creatures out there...
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote:I did beat Tower of Doom last night. Pretty spiffy game. It's too bad the online appears to be broken. I beat it using the fighter, Throm. I want to beat it with the other three characters and use the opportunity to go down some different paths. After that I'll do a similar scrub of Shadow Over Mystara and then do any trophy cleanup that may remain.

I enjoyed fighting a manticore. One of my favorite made up creatures out there...
I fought two manticores!

Did you go down the path that the game keeps trying to warn you against over and over again?
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Kong Wen wrote:
Sharecrow wrote:I did beat Tower of Doom last night. Pretty spiffy game. It's too bad the online appears to be broken. I beat it using the fighter, Throm. I want to beat it with the other three characters and use the opportunity to go down some different paths. After that I'll do a similar scrub of Shadow Over Mystara and then do any trophy cleanup that may remain.

I fought two manticores!

Did you go down the path that the game keeps trying to warn you against over and over again?
Apparently not...
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Sharecrow wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Did you go down the path that the game keeps trying to warn you against over and over again?
Apparently not...
It's hilarious when you think about doing it on the arcade version. Let me know when you get there when you replay it. :)
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I went ahead and beat Shadow Over Mystara as well. That game is a lot slicker than Tower of Doom, but I guess it would be since it came out afterwards, the developers had one under their belt, they got better at it, etc. I'll definitely continue to play through these for a few more weeks until I have gotten everything (hopefully it won't take too terribly long). I also want to see the various branches in both and get a little time in on each of the playable characters.

Good times, good times.