E3 2019

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: E3 2019

Post by SkyPikachu »

I'm liking Xbox conference a bit more now after all the tilted Forza fans about the expansion pack.

Literally laughing at how they feel like they wasted their money when they bought something they had no idea about it.

Also I generally love the idea of Lega Forza and I think it will help bring kids into the series.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I agree that Lego Forza sounds great. I loved Horizon Hot Wheels, so Lego seems like a natural fit as well. Should be fun when I eventually pick up Horizon 4 on the cheap.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I might try the Lego expansion if it comes with forza on gamepass.

They added a lot of games to Game Pass yesterday, lots of stellar indies I was looking to try, along with bigger stuff like Metro Exodus, Borderlands, Arkham Knight.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Ubisoft with no rayman or mario + rabbids made me sad.

Roller Champions & Gods and Monsters were the highlights for me. (Far to much tom clancy stuff tbh)

Square Enix was what I expected. Lot of nothing with FFVII remake looking nice and an interesting FFVIII remake announce for all consoles too. Avenerages looked bad and again no gameplay also why not use original cast and why show off the none original cast I feel like that's just showing off a major flaw in the game.

Also Wii for Just Dance was a weird surprise again. I guess it sells well enough?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

SkyPikachu wrote: 11 Jun 2019 04:20 Ubisoft with no rayman or mario + rabbids made me sad.

Roller Champions & Gods and Monsters were the highlights for me. (Far to much tom clancy stuff tbh)

Square Enix was what I expected. Lot of nothing with FFVII remake looking nice and an interesting FFVIII remake announce for all consoles too. Avenerages looked bad and again no gameplay also why not use original cast and why show off the none original cast I feel like that's just showing off a major flaw in the game.

Also Wii for Just Dance was a weird surprise again. I guess it sells well enough?
I liked the look of Gods and Monsters, need gameplay though.

Square showed a lot of stuff I liked. Was hoping for a new Bravely or Octopath game, but oh well!

What do you mean by original cast of Avengers? Like you wished they showed Ant-man and the Wasp?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

SkyPikachu wrote: 11 Jun 2019 04:20 Avenerages looked bad and again no gameplay also why not use original cast and why show off the none original cast I feel like that's just showing off a major flaw in the game.
What do you mean by original cast? The movies cast? This game is not the movies. In comics especially, this shouldn't be a new idea.

The voice cast for this game is star-studded.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 11 Jun 2019 04:42
SkyPikachu wrote: 11 Jun 2019 04:20 Avenerages looked bad and again no gameplay also why not use original cast and why show off the none original cast I feel like that's just showing off a major flaw in the game.
What do you mean by original cast? The movies cast? This game is not the movies. In comics especially, this shouldn't be a new idea.

The movie cast yes. That seems like the cast everyone knows and loves. I had someone in stream being upset by it I personally don't watch the avengers though but seeing someone other than Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man feels really weird to me.

Maybe I'm wrong and nobody will care. It doesn't really bother me either way since I won't play it.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Just watched the Avengers trailer. There was definitely a bunch of generic gameplay in there, just with no HUD. Gameplay is not for intro trailers and press conferences anyway, it's for the showroom floor. Still not for me.

Even Final Fantasy VII is barely for me. Looks like it's going to be Final Fantasy XV-2 reskinned with FF7 characters. Final Fantasy VIII remaster is good news for the ability to play it on modern consoles, but Square Enix's remasters usually just look like oddly smoothed PS1 ports that somehow end up looking worse because their flaws are more in-focus.

I was really hoping for a Seiken Densetsu Collection localization. It exists in Japan on Switch, so they'd just need to translate one game to bring it over here, but I guess they still think that one Mana sequel is has no chance of selling here or something. Wild.

Gods and Monsters looks like it could have potential, especially if it's basically a stylized Assassin's Creed that managed to break free from the constraints of that series.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

SkyPikachu wrote: 11 Jun 2019 06:38
Kong Wen wrote: 11 Jun 2019 04:42

The movie cast yes. That seems like the cast everyone knows and loves. I had someone in stream being upset by it I personally don't watch the avengers though but seeing someone other than Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man feels really weird to me.

Maybe I'm wrong and nobody will care. It doesn't really bother me either way since I won't play it.
Getting the movie cast to not only voice the characters but do all the motion capture would be unbelievably expensive and would just limit the story they could tell with this game, and limit the characters we would see. These characters have had many renditions before the MCU. The Spider-man game from last year was also an original Spider-man which people loved.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

From the Nintendo conference:

Collection of Mana = instantly buying when I get home. I've been waiting decades to play Secret of Mana 2. Literally! I old.

Link's Awakening = dungeon creator could be interesting, but I was already sold on this game from the little snippets we saw already. Pre-ordered from Walmart for $15 off assuming they don't cancel it.

Animal Crossing = I'll be interested in this if they let you leave your town open for visitors and don't have to stick around or manually do it at certain times like they did in the Wii version. I found coordinating multiplayer was too tiresome in that game.

Breath of the Wild 2 = Obviously going to be getting this anyway, but I'll be extra interested if Zelda is playable. Also, I deeply and sincerely apologize to SkyPikachu for basically guaranteeing that the next Zelda game wouldn't be like Breath of the Wild, considering it's a literal sequel. :lol: :neon: :wave: This game is a way off.

Total tally: one instant purchase (Mana), two pre-orders (Link and Pokemon), one wait and see (AC).