Main Event Quarterfinals

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2019 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: Main Event Quarterfinals

Post by Claytone »

1. Abstain - Haven't played Chrono Trigger. Pretty sure I'll like it more than Portal if I ever do. But no vote for me.
2. Super Mario World - Tetris is wonderful, but it's about high enough. Depending on when you ask me, Super Mario World is the answer I'd give for my personal BGE. It's wonderful.
3. Batman: Arkham Asylum - Yeah, this game is so good. SotN is also great, but it's not even my favorite Castlevania entry. AA rocks, and I'm still not sure I've played a beat 'em up as good since, although I'm interested to see how the new PS4 Spider-Man's combat feels. Been meaning to play that for awhile now.
4. Metal Gear Solid - Mario 3 is also one of my favorites ever, but I gotta give the nod to MGS here. I may never be able to conclusively decide on my favorite Metal Gear game, but MGS1 will always be in the conversation, and I'd also argue it probably stands up the best as a solo game. It earns points for influence in so many categories too! Stealth games, 3D games, cutscene-driven games, voice acted games, etc. I love it. Might be time to give it another playthrough sometime soon.
You got BOOST power!
This Old Neon
Administrator

Post by This Old Neon »

This Old Neon wrote: 28 May 2019 00:19 Bracket 1: Time Door
Portal (2007, Multiplatform)
Chrono Trigger (1995, SNES)

Bracket 2: Brick Land
Tetris (1989, GB)
Super Mario World (1990, SNES)

Bracket 3: Dudes Who Are Also Bats
Batman: Arkham Asylum (2009, Multiplatform)
Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (1997, PS1)

Bracket 4: ? vs !
Super Mario Bros. 3 (1988, NES)
Metal Gear Solid (1998, PS1)
Here are the winners of the semi-finals!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Ouenben wrote: 28 May 2019 00:25 Due to the old thread taking me to the new poll I didn't vote properly and missed first three polls.

Let it be known I vote for
1. Portal
2. Tetris
3. Symphony of the night
Thankfully for you, all three won their brackets so none of your missing votes would have been difference-makers. :neon:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming