Baseball

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Baseball

Post by VictorViper »

Kreegs wrote:I was saying that the Cubs fans suffer, but they still have all the other Chicago teams that have had lots of success.

Gotcha, gotcha.

Honestly if it weren't for Cleveland knocking out The Jays, I'd have a really hard time choosing who to cheer for. I'm pretty neutral with both teams and would probably just enjoy watching both equally, but given the circumstances, I have an easier time picking sides. ;)
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Baseball is back! Let's go Twins!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2017/4/2 ... culous-run

This is the greatest baseball play of all time (except for every play of the 1995 World Series).
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Haha, that's crazy! I don't know baseball rules well. Does the catcher have to tag him with his glove?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Kong Wen wrote:Haha, that's crazy! I don't know baseball rules well. Does the catcher have to tag him with his glove?
Yep! Incredible play. Honestly, I'm surprised it isn't done all the time. I mean, I guess it's a pretty high injury risk, but that's a small price to pay for style.
You got BOOST power!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Claytone wrote:Honestly, I'm surprised it isn't done all the time. I mean, I guess it's a pretty high injury risk, but that's a small price to pay for style.
I imagine it's also not very easy. I mean, he was going pretty fast, but he still had to clear a grown man and land on the plate before the catcher could tag him. Crazy. The best part is, that clutch play helped bring the Jays up into 30th place!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

https://www.talkingchop.com/2017/10/2/1 ... ning-rules

Braves organization has been slammed with some of the harshest penalties the MLB has issued in ages for some rules violations concerning the international player market (including a lifetime ban from baseball for the GM responsible). This certainly doesn't look good for the Bravos, and it's just another reason why I'll continue to insist that Atlanta is the World's Most Depressing 3+ Sport City.
You got BOOST power!