Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Hockey Thread! (NHL etc.)

Post by Kong Wen »

Datsyuk is back after missing 15 games.

:(
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Geez, the Sedins made all their money back last night. Henrik was worth 5 points and Daniel was worth 4.

The sheet has been updated. I've now climbed up to 11 points away from Kreegs! I'm coming for you and your injured players!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:Geez, the Sedins made all their money back last night. Henrik was worth 5 points and Daniel was worth 4.

The sheet has been updated. I've now climbed up to 11 points away from Kreegs! I'm coming for you and your injured players!
I'm hoping my trail of blood from my gimping team will gross you out and keep you away.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Are we allowed to pick up free agents? Especially if we have a player with a season ending injury?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:Are we allowed to pick up free agents? Especially if we have a player with a season ending injury?
Same rules as last year: as soon as someone misses 20 games, you have a week to sub him out for someone in your reserves. On New Year's Day, you get two free substitutions.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:
Kreegs wrote:Are we allowed to pick up free agents? Especially if we have a player with a season ending injury?
Same rules as last year: as soon as someone misses 20 games, you have a week to sub him out for someone in your reserves. On New Year's Day, you get two free substitutions.
Right, but we can't add anyone to our roster and drop someone, correct? That is what I was inquiring about. So if I wanted to take Jagr, I couldn't? Or could we say that you can pick up someone if you forfeit the total points earned from your overall score from the player you drop to get him? Whether or not that person has been in your active roster or not?
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kreegs wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:
Right, but we can't add anyone to our roster and drop someone, correct? That is what I was inquiring about. So if I wanted to take Jagr, I couldn't? Or could we say that you can pick up someone if you forfeit the total points earned from your overall score from the player you drop to get him? Whether or not that person has been in your active roster or not?
If we can (which I highly doubt we can) I want Klingberg.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Same rules as last year: as soon as someone misses 20 games, you have a week to sub him out for someone in your reserves. On New Year's Day, you get two free substitutions.
Slurmee wrote:If we can (which I highly doubt we can)
No, we can't do that. Being able to pick players after seeing point totals would give an unfair advantage and eliminate the point of the reserve/sub system.

The sheet has been updated. Getzlaf had 5 points last night, which means he's forgiven. It's sad that he's rocketed back into the top ranks of my team with 14 total points, but it is what it is. Now I just have to wait until NYE to get Sharp and Ryan up instead of Palat and Datsyuk. (Datsyuk will be fine, I'm sure, but I don't think he can catch up in time, and I don't think I can bank on him missing 5 more random games.)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Two, count 'em, two (not one, but two) of my reserves have more points than every single member of my active roster except for the last guy.

:o :shock: :? :shock: :o

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs, you only have a couple days left to let us know if you want to sub Couture out for someone! :)