TONe Mario Kart 8 League

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: TONe Mario Kart 8 League

Post by Kong Wen »

slangman wrote:If TONe races do end up getting moved to Wednesdays, I would not be able to start right away at 8PM as I have Gym sessions scheduled at that exact time for Wednesdays. Don't mind joining in at later times during the day if thats possible though. I can still squeeze time in at around 9:30PM-00:00 AM.
We wouldn't necessarily all be racing at the same time: it could you and Merlin (and maybe Slurm) in one race and most of the North Americans in another race. The tournament will tally the results of the various races and compare them against each other. It's not perfect, but it doesn't look like we're going to find one time that works for everyone.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Wednesdays work for me just fine.

Since you only need to be on with one other player, would it make sense to make the tournament a week long event so we could each kind of coordinate those races that work best for us, or would you ideally like us all to be on Wednesday? I say shoot for Wednesdays and we can each arrange other playing times for fun if desired.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:Wednesdays work for me just fine.

Since you only need to be on with one other player, would it make sense to make the tournament a week long event so we could each kind of coordinate those races that work best for us, or would you ideally like us all to be on Wednesday? I say shoot for Wednesdays and we can each arrange other playing times for fun if desired.
Yeah, my hope is that having one official day will kind of encourage people to try to make time, which means we can have bigger races than the usual one-on-ones. But if we go a few weeks and it doesn't work out that way, then we can change the format again.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'll remind myself to jump on this Wednesday then.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I'll plan on Wednesday then. What time would that be for me? (Central time). Hopefully Mrs. K can make the race too!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I can make it this wednesday, but 21:30h CET midweek is not my favorit time. Will have to see if it works for later weeks. Too bad there isn't an option for 1P tournament. :(
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:I'll plan on Wednesday then. What time would that be for me? (Central time). Hopefully Mrs. K can make the race too!
I'll probably be on around 9:30 Atlantic, which would be 7:30 Central. Kreegs and Shoe, I think you're both central, right?

That'll be after Clay's exam, so maybe he'll be around too (but maybe he'll be celebrating).

I think that'll be 10:30 a.m. for Slurm, so assuming he doesn't have work on Thursday, maybe he can make it too.

That time really only screws over the Europeans. :(
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
Kreegs wrote:I'll plan on Wednesday then. What time would that be for me? (Central time). Hopefully Mrs. K can make the race too!
I'll probably be on around 9:30 Atlantic, which would be 7:30 Central. Kreegs and Shoe, I think you're both central, right?

That'll be after Clay's exam, so maybe he'll be around too (but maybe he'll be celebrating).

I think that'll be 10:30 a.m. for Slurm, so assuming he doesn't have work on Thursday, maybe he can make it too.

That time really only screws over the Europeans. :(
As far as I'm aware I'm central! I know we're trying to limit it so that we can all get on at the same time but are you able to set to last Wednesday to Thursday? Leave it open for a full 24 hours that way everyone gets an opportunity to play in the evening, but we're still likely to set up more races together.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: far as I'm aware I'm central! I know we're trying to limit it so that we can all get on at the same time but are you able to set to last Wednesday to Thursday? Leave it open for a full 24 hours that way everyone gets an opportunity to play in the evening, but we're still likely to set up more races together.
Yes, I'll probably have it start earlier in the day on Wednesday to accommodate Europeans, and then last through Wednesday night to Thursday morning. That'll just make sure people from different time zones can all get in on it, but the majority of people who will be playing together will most likely be on Wednesday evening.

Remember that you only get a limited number of races per week as part of the tournament, so don't jump the gun and blow through them all with one other person online when more are going to be joining. :)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I've updated the rules of the tournament so it runs Wednesday evening.

8 p.m. Wednesday night to 9 a.m. Thursday morning in Central Europe.
3 p.m. Wednesday afternoon to 4 a.m. Thursday morning in Atlantic time.
1 p.m. Wednesday afternoon to 2 a.m. Thursday morning in Central time.
11 a.m. Wednesday morning to midnight Thursday in Pacific time.

The code to enter is the same: 4195-0380-8883