PlayStation Experience 2015

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

PlayStation Experience 2015

Post by Kong Wen »

Just posting this thread to round up some of the news that comes out of Sony's 2nd annual PlayStation Experience press event.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: PlayStation Experience 2015

Post by Kong Wen »

Jazzpunk, a Canadian indie that's already available on Steam, is coming to PS4.

Monsters & Monocles is a little indie twin-stick shooter. Looks to be cyberpunk-themed. Retro look & feel. It's coming to PS4, although it looks like it would make a good Vita game, too.

Bound is an experimental game from the team that did a couple demoscene proof of concept pieces for PS3 (incl. Linger in Shadows). Not sure what to make of this yet, but it looks interesting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Classroom Aquatic is a PlayStation VR game about a foreign exchange student in a dolphin school who can't pass any tests without cheating. You have to look over the dolphins' shoulders to pass the tests without getting caught. Sounds awesome!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Anything come out of this that any of you really liked?

I thought the Final Fantasy VII footage was neat, but my excitement for that went down when they announced that it would be episodic.

More Destiny news is always nice for when I actually get to playing it.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yakuza x 2, Gone Home, Fat Princess, Dark Souls III, Ni no Kuni II, potentially Nioh, Psychonauts 2, Rez, Day of the Tentacle remaster...
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Yakuza x 2, Gone Home, Fat Princess, Dark Souls III, Ni no Kuni II, potentially Nioh, Psychonauts 2, Rez, Day of the Tentacle remaster...
Right Ni no Kuni II! I haven't played the first admittedly, but I think I'l need to.

By the way I wasn't trying to insinuate that nothing interesting came out of the event, I just didn't watch it so I didn't know what happened .:lol:
Drauks
Aspirant

Post by Drauks »

Street Fighter V, Ni-Oh, Hitman Go (admittedly I haven't touched the series in a very long time), Ace Combat 7. That last one in particular since I'm curious to see more of how it plays out with VR.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Kong Wen wrote:Yakuza x 2, Gone Home, Fat Princess, Dark Souls III, Ni no Kuni II, potentially Nioh, Psychonauts 2, Rez, Day of the Tentacle remaster...
Right Ni no Kuni II! I haven't played the first admittedly, but I think I'l need to.

By the way I wasn't trying to insinuate that nothing interesting came out of the event, I just didn't watch it so I didn't know what happened .:lol:
I know, I didn't take it that way. I figured you wanted a quick & dirty run-down, which is what I created this thread for in the first place. :)

The first Ni no Kuni is definitely worth playing. Very cute RPG. It's PS3, though, so unless it's on Now, or they do a re-release for some reason, you won't be able to play it on PS4.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:

I know, I didn't take it that way. I figured you wanted a quick & dirty run-down, which is what I created this thread for in the first place. :)

The first Ni no Kuni is definitely worth playing. Very cute RPG. It's PS3, though, so unless it's on Now, or they do a re-release for some reason, you won't be able to play it on PS4.
After a quick search it appears that there is a DS version of Ni no Kuni... but I can only assume it's different from the PS3 version. Doesn't look like it's on PS Now yet.