SE7: Final Fantasy - Round 1, Bracket 1/2

Archive of nominations, event polls, side-events, discussion threads, and results from the 2015-16 "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project.

What 3 Final Fantasy games should advance to the Final Fantasy finals?

Poll ended at 08 Feb 2016 15:26

1991 - Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest - GB
5%
1991 - Final Fantasy IV - SNES
21%
1997 - Final Fantasy VII - PS1
16%
2000 - Final Fantasy IX - PS1
16%
2006 - Final Fantasy V Advance - GBA
16%
2006 - Final Fantasy XII - PS2
21%
2007 - Final Fantasy IV DS - DS
5%

Total votes: 19

This Old Neon
Administrator

SE7: Final Fantasy - Round 1, Bracket 1/2

Post by This Old Neon »

Welcome to the "BEST GAME EVER!!!" Project's seventh Side-Event: Final Fantasy!

You can vote for 3 games in this bracket. Vote carefully—you can't change your vote after submitting it. The top 4 games at the end of the week will advance to the next round.

1991 - Final Fantasy Adventure / Mystic Quest - GB
1991 - Final Fantasy IV - SNES
1997 - Final Fantasy VII - PS1
2000 - Final Fantasy IX - PS1
2006 - Final Fantasy V Advance - GBA
2006 - Final Fantasy XII - PS2
2007 - Final Fantasy IV DS - DS

You are encouraged to discuss your choices and your reasons for selecting the game you did.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: SE7: Final Fantasy - Round 1, Bracket 1/2

Post by Kong Wen »

XII was an easy vote for me. Lovely game with a very involved system. I also love the world (thanks to Matsuno).

Second vote was IV, a game I spent so much of my childhood playing. My last vote was between V and the 3D remake of IV. I ended up leaning towards the latter, because they somehow turned IV into a surprisingly big game, and because the 3D conversion was somehow not a complete train-wreck.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

XII was a quite a disappointment for me back in the day. X was my second favourite so I was eagerly anticipating their next game, but I don't know why it just seemed kind of average. The characters were boring, the story was boring, it seemed to look worse than X. Saying that, I'd be happy to give it another shot should Square-Enix do a HD remaster. Maybe it came out at the wrong time for me.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Humphries90 wrote:XII was a quite a disappointment for me back in the day. X was my second favourite so I was eagerly anticipating their next game, but I don't know why it just seemed kind of average. The characters were boring, the story was boring, it seemed to look worse than X. Saying that, I'd be happy to give it another shot should Square-Enix do a HD remaster. Maybe it came out at the wrong time for me.
If you're referring to XII, the characters and story were boring. I'm just sayin'.... Gameplay somehow more than makes up for it, though. It's a wonderful game.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.