Web eShop Incoming?

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Web eShop Incoming?

Post by The Shoemaker »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:There's still no web eShop here :(
With the new My Nintendo and the free download of Flipnote Studio 3D, I thought the web eShop became available here. But it's on the co.uk site only (?) where I can't login. Also, autodownload through Spotpass has to be turned on so you don't have to enter the eShop on the 3DS to download a purchased game. But with this feature turned on, they start pushing other 'free' downloads to the home screen of the 3DS (not downloaded, just an icon). That was my main reason to turn it off.

For those with access to a web eShop: are you still using it for digital purchases or do you use the eShop on Wii U/3DS?
I see myself using it here and there, but there aren't too many opportunities where I find myself needing to download a game but I'm not available to use the actual eShop.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Re: Web eShop Incoming?

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I have to correct myself a little. Although there is no specific web eShop, it seems that it's still possible to purchase games from the nintendo.nl site. On game pages of digital games available in the eShop, there's a download/purchase button. This was never visible to me in my main browser (always had login problems with nintendo.nl and subdomains), but it's available in another. Why this is, I don't know .. but this is the only website I visit that has problems.
Grt. Merlin