Basketball Thread (NBA, NCAA, etc.)

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Basketball Thread (NBA, NCAA, etc.)

Post by kitroplious »

In terms of the NBA... I know it's still early into the season but as of right now, the Grizzlies and Raptors are among the top of the league standings. I'm more surprised that the Raptors are in front in the East (although a couple losses in the last two weeks); but they're facing injuries right now.

Memphis, I'm not that surprised due to their regular season success in the last few seasons, and a couple of great postseason runs. They've got a pretty good lineup with Randolph, Gasol, Conley; among others.

NCAA Basketball is known for its "March Madness". I haven't watched much of it in recent years when its on CBS and ESPN, but there have been some dramatic games over the years as well.

Any favorite teams/players in the NBA or college basketball?
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Basketball Thread (NBA, NCAA, etc.)

Post by Kreegs »

Good thread!

As far as basketball goes, NCAA basketball is one of my favorite sports to follow. The University of Minnesota Gophers are my favorite team and the Big Ten conference is so fun to follow. I have had season tickets in my family since the 1950's and I have been going to the games since I was 4 years old.

With the NBA, I cheer for the Timberwolves, but I don't particularly love the NBA. The style of gameplay is way different than college, and I don't find it as entertaining. It is almost like the players are too good for the game.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I'm not the biggest fan of Basketball, though I'll definitely agree with Kreegs on NCAA being vastly more entertaining and exciting than NBA on the whole. Pro-ball really does pale by comparison. However, the NBA playoffs are definitely something special, and the second most exciting playoff series in professional sports, IMO.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Gonna revive this old thread just for the Golden State Warriors. If they win on Wednesday they will have the most wins in an NBA season ever. I know little to nothing about the NBA though I do know most of the rules considering I've played Bball before. Considering Bogut is an Aussie I'll be watching the game (or at least the last part of the game cos the first half is boring)