Alienation

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Bades
Initiate

Alienation

Post by Bades »

Hey all,

Long time no see! I thought I'd drop in and see if anyone is playing Alienation on PS4. It's a pretty solid twin-stick shooter that feels like a game this community would usually get wrapped up in. I've been on a cleanse of sorts from frequent gaming but this game recently caught my attention and I've been sucked in. I'm hoping to have a little more time to pick this up again next week after I've graduated and in-between sessions of Uncharted 4 if anyone is playing! It's a lot of fun solo but I've gotten to a point where I could probably use a more solid partner or two as I'm working through Veteran with my Tank character. I've been playing it on a friend's PS4 and hoping I can move my character data back to mine when I return home to continue where I've left off.

People like to compare this to Helldivers, which I understand given the genre, but it is much more like a sequel to Dead Nation if you're familiar with that. It was Housemarque's previous twin-stick shooter but it never really grabbed me like this has. I also quite enjoyed Helldivers so I don't think it's too much of a stretch for me to say if you liked that you'll probably enjoy this too. I've included some info below for any interested parties looking for a new twin-stick shooter fix if you don't already have it. So if you're a bad enough dude to save the planet, pick it up and we'll raze the earth of the alien scum!

(No local co-op though which is, admittedly, a travesty)

IGN Review

PS Blog Post
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Alienation

Post by VictorViper »

I've actually been reading that this is more akin to a shoot and loot like Diablo. I really don't expect it to resonate with me like Helldivers did, but that's ok - Helldivers fills that void!

Anyway, hit me up any time, I just bought it and will have time to dig in once I've had my fill of the Overwatch beta.

I think we are on each others' friend lists, but just in case, I'm VictorViper13 over PSN. Glad to see you pop back in!!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:I've actually been reading that this is more akin to a shoot and loot like Diablo.
If it's anything like Dead Nation, there will be a lot of shoot and not as much loot (although I liked the loot/gear/upgrade system in that game, so either way). Dead Nation is a game that benefited from being a PS+ freebie, at least in the context of me playing it. :) My brother and I spent some time with the couch co-op, and we made it a little ways through the game, but it fell off our radar, and the next time he came over we played something different. This one looks much better IMO, so hopefully it has hookier hooks.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

The loot is real. The game barfs up gear left and right, and there seems to be a comprehensive mod system in place. I've barely scratched the surface, but it's one hell of a good time, even playing with randoms.

Oh, and it has a setting to allow invasions by other players!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.