Splatoon

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Splatoon

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:
evildevil97 wrote:So, I just bought Splatoon. Controls take a little getting used to.
Yeah it's a different experience for sure. I (and most of the fanbase) find that motion controls are the best option for aiming. Eventually you'll get into the groove of shooting and squidding. Definitely try single player first, you'll get used to the controls easy.

For multiplayer, Tenetik Splattershot is a good early weapon, same with the Krak on Roller. Once you get used to the maps Turf War will be a little easier, and you'll be a little more used to looking down at the GamePad map to quickly check what's happening in the battle.
I don't think there's many decent players that don't use motion control. I use like a hybrid version.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:
evildevil97 wrote:So, I just bought Splatoon. Controls take a little getting used to.
Yeah it's a different experience for sure. I (and most of the fanbase) find that motion controls are the best option for aiming. Eventually you'll get into the groove of shooting and squidding. Definitely try single player first, you'll get used to the controls easy.

For multiplayer, Tenetik Splattershot is a good early weapon, same with the Krak on Roller. Once you get used to the maps Turf War will be a little easier, and you'll be a little more used to looking down at the GamePad map to quickly check what's happening in the battle.
I don't think there's many decent players that don't use motion control. I use like a hybrid version.
Yeah, motion for aiming, right stick for large movements. And then there's "Y" aiming, where you take advantage of the recentering of the camera to turn quicker. Face forward, hold back, press Y and you'll turn around much quicker than turning normally. Works for quickly turning perpendicular as well, but that's more difficult.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

More stages on the way! One uses conveyor belts and the other fans to lift the stage up.

kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote:More stages on the way! One uses conveyor belts and the other fans to lift the stage up.

The creative juices havent slowed down for the developers as there are plenty of post version 2.0 updates been released these few months.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kawaiipikachu wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:More stages on the way! One uses conveyor belts and the other fans to lift the stage up.

The creative juices havent slowed down for the developers as there are plenty of post version 2.0 updates been released these few months.
Yeah it's been nice, keeps pulling me back to the game. They have still been adding weapons every week too. There's a new update coming as well, nothing big, just fixes some things with the stages and Rainmaker.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I will play this game more over winter break! I need to get back into it.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Nintendo is sunsetting Splatoon after about a year.

The game will still be playable online, but this is the last Splatfest.

Possibly gearing up to support a sequel on NX?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Nintendo is sunsetting Splatoon after about a year.

The game will still be playable online, but this is the last Splatfest.

Possibly gearing up to support a sequel on NX?
Interesting that it's the last one, I figured it was pretty easy to keep Splatfests going. Maybe the turnouts were getting lower, or maybe it was a good time to end it before people stopped caring.

Would definitely love an NX Splatoon though with proper local co-cop.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I agree with Shoe 100 percent.
I intend to live forever, or die trying