Mini Famicom

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Mini Famicom

Post by Kreegs »

I didn't see this on here yet. Nintendo announced the Mini Famicom in Japan much like the Mini NES in North America. It comes with 30 games, including some exclusive ones, as well as two controllers. The downside seems to be that the controllers are shrunk and it doesn't come with an AC adaptor. Anyone interested in importing this little guy?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/30/ ... micom-mini
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Mini Famicom

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:I didn't see this on here yet. Nintendo announced the Mini Famicom in Japan much like the Mini NES in North America. It comes with 30 games, including some exclusive ones, as well as two controllers. The downside seems to be that the controllers are shrunk and it doesn't come with an AC adaptor. Anyone interested in importing this little guy?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/09/30/ ... micom-mini
No AC adapter as in no way of powering the system? :lol: I would think they would ditch the HDMI cord before ditching the power cord.

If shrunk controllers you mean the 3 ft cord length, NES mini is like that too unfortunately. I guess the same cord length as the classic controller for Wii? Pretty sure you can use those as controllers on this.

I don't know if they thought short cords would relate to nostalgia (even though they were never that short), or if they thought you need to be close to the system anyways because you have to press reset on the hardware to change games.

Maybe they just wanted to force everyone to play like this

Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Mini Famicom

Post by Kong Wen »

I'd consider importing it if it included Battle City!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming