2016 New Year's Gaming Resolutions

The home of various "master lists" of This Old Neon members' gaming accomplishments and collections. Achievements and trophies, play time, and lists of collected and completed games go here.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: 2016 New Year's Gaming Resolutions

Post by VictorViper »

VictorViper wrote:I'm going to refrain from getting too specific this year, since including things like platinum trophies doesn't suit my playstyle and kind of sets me up to fail. That said, I have some basic goals I want to meet:

1) Play more MP games. Easy.

2) Stop wasting money on blockbusters. There will be a few notable exceptions, but by and large, these games prove colossal wastes of money for me.

3a) Be done with a game when I'm done, not (necessarily) when credits roll.
3b) Play more endless titles.

Short and simple, but ultimately conducive to my available time and playstyle. I suspect my games beaten list for the year will suffer as a result, but that's ok.
2016's resultion was a little vague, but I adhered to it nicely. It was definitely the year of Overwatch, and 2017 doesn't look like it'll be too different.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

VictorViper wrote:
VictorViper wrote:I'm going to refrain from getting too specific this year, since including things like platinum trophies doesn't suit my playstyle and kind of sets me up to fail. That said, I have some basic goals I want to meet:

2) Stop wasting money on blockbusters. There will be a few notable exceptions, but by and large, these games prove colossal wastes of money for me.

Short and simple, but ultimately conducive to my available time and playstyle. I suspect my games beaten list for the year will suffer as a result, but that's ok.
2016's resultion was a little vague, but I adhered to it nicely. It was definitely the year of Overwatch, and 2017 doesn't look like it'll be too different.
Your resolutions really did encourage you to play Overwatch and nothing else :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

The Shoemaker wrote:
VictorViper wrote:

Your resolutions really did encourage you to play Overwatch and nothing else :lol:
The game itself played the biggest role there. If anything, Overwatch made my resolutions a lot easier to hit!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.