Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kreegs »

Wow are the games tiny!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Wow are the games tiny!
But loaded with flavor!

All the friend code posting is making me think back to the old VC-forum days :lol:

System is really slick, very quick OS, very comfortable controllers. Pro Controller is really good. Even Joy Cons outside of the grip playing Zelda is comfy.
Kong Wen wrote:By my tally, and in no particular order, these are the handful of things the Switch needs to do (soon) in order to be able to compete with PS3 and Xbox 360. These are all very attainable goals, so this should by no means be misinterpreted as a "system is shit!" post, rather a "Nintendo can do better" post:
  • Fix left JoyCon desync error
  • Wireless/BlueTooth headset support
  • Get rid of Friend Codes
  • Some kind of Trophy/Achievement system, maybe piggybacking on My Nintendo
  • A way to transfer/backup save files + cloud storage for save files for online service subscribers
  • Cross-game party chat (using the app at the very least, in the interim, but ultimately something in-OS)
  • Netflix, YouTube, and other multimedia apps
  • Browser
  • Virtual Console
This is all the low-hanging fruit.
I agree, easy essentials to add.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I can't find a pro controller anywhere. It is sold out everywhere online and I checked a couple local stores today. Might have to start out playing Zelda with just the joycons. Hope that will be ok.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kreegs wrote:I can't find a pro controller anywhere. It is sold out everywhere online and I checked a couple local stores today. Might have to start out playing Zelda with just the joycons. Hope that will be ok.
The joycon + joycon holder is fine tbh
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Slurmee wrote:
Kreegs wrote:I can't find a pro controller anywhere. It is sold out everywhere online and I checked a couple local stores today. Might have to start out playing Zelda with just the joycons. Hope that will be ok.
The joycon + joycon holder is fine tbh
Good to know! I'm looking forward to playing!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Yes, the JoyCons will be fine.

I don't generally like playing on small screens, especially a game as detailed as Zelda, but I actually played in tablet mode for a few hours today and I was surprised that I didn't even notice I was playing on a tablet anymore. The controllers were comfortable, the whole unit was comfortable and not too heavy, I quickly got used to the screen size (it definitely helps that it's in HD), etc. You definitely notice the battery running down hard. I believe the system prioritizes keeping the JoyCons charged up, so you're running the main system battery down three ways while playing in tablet mode.

I like the minimalistic UI, although I do hope they add WAY MORE AVATARS and the abovementioned system/framework enhancements.

EDIT: Where are those Friend Codes, team? Clay! Shoe!

EDIT EDIT: My point is, after playing in tablet mode for an extended period of time... I would kind of be OK if this system were to replace the 3DS.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Remember to turn brightness down to save battery power.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

I've now played a bit of Zelda, Bomberman, and Fast RMX. All three games are fun, but Zelda figures to be an all-timer. I'm only an hour or two in at this point, but this game is vastly different from any that came before it (in a good way). I'm absolutely hooked already.

Bomberman is Bomberman. Played online with a friend from Atlanta, and we had a pretty laggy time. Lots of factors could be involved there, but I'm hoping for a smoother experience in the future. I'll have to give the Story a go at some point.

Fast RMX is a rerelease of Fast Racing Neo, a game I was very interested in (and tried at PAX) but never got around to purchasing. I completed the first cup, and I really like it. It does some things that neither wipEout nor F-Zero do, and its primary gimmick is interesting and really rewards track memorization. It also seems utterly packed with content (almost overwhelmingly). Should be a fun one to jump into every so often until I eventually complete it.

And of course...
Friend code: SW-7807-9406-4590
You got BOOST power!
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

My Friendcode is SW-2178-2458-4502
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Just finished setting up the Switch, updating the system, connecting pro-controller, adding friends ...

My friendcode is SW-6072-4040-6552

No games yet, those may have to wait. Still have to get a microSD card and see what else is available. And I have to search how to link my store credit from WiiU/3DS eShop to Switch's eShop...

[edit]
Just merged my eShop credits between NNID and Nintendo account. Wasn't too hard to find
[/edit]
Grt. Merlin