Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
neuzd
Ω

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by neuzd »

Claytone wrote:its primary gimmick is interesting and really rewards track memorization.
I had the first one but I'm not sure if I remember the game very well, what was it? Switching racing between floor and ceiling? Or racing on black/white parts of the track? At that price and you saying there's a lot of content makes me interested, but the fact that I can't remember the game very well is kind of a red flag.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Can Kong put all the codes at the front of this thread? I will add mine when I get it in a day or two!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:Can Kong put all the codes at the front of this thread? I will add mine when I get it in a day or two!
I'll make a sticky topic just for friend codes, since I think that's a useful team resource. :) I'll get on that when I put Zelda down to recharge.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:
Kreegs wrote:Can Kong put all the codes at the front of this thread? I will add mine when I get it in a day or two!
I'll make a sticky topic just for friend codes, since I think that's a useful team resource. :) I'll get on that when I put Zelda down to recharge.
Groovy! Just checked the tracking number and it says Monday... UGH this is torture.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:I can't find a pro controller anywhere. It is sold out everywhere online and I checked a couple local stores today. Might have to start out playing Zelda with just the joycons. Hope that will be ok.
JoyCon's are fine. I actually tried playing Zelda with just the JoyCon's for a bit yesterday, no grip attached. It's quite comfortable like that actually, your hands can rest in any position they want.
Kong Wen wrote:Yes, the JoyCons will be fine.

I don't generally like playing on small screens, especially a game as detailed as Zelda, but I actually played in tablet mode for a few hours today and I was surprised that I didn't even notice I was playing on a tablet anymore. The controllers were comfortable, the whole unit was comfortable and not too heavy, I quickly got used to the screen size (it definitely helps that it's in HD), etc. You definitely notice the battery running down hard. I believe the system prioritizes keeping the JoyCons charged up, so you're running the main system battery down three ways while playing in tablet mode.

EDIT EDIT: My point is, after playing in tablet mode for an extended period of time... I would kind of be OK if this system were to replace the 3DS.
I was impressed with tablet mode as well, out of the house I felt like I was playing the same game I was playing at home. I've heard people complain about the kickstand, but it felt pretty sturdy to me. Though I think it would have been more solid if the stand was in the middle of the system rather than more to one side. I didn't run out of battery during my play time, but it is unfortunately that you won't be able to charge the system in tablet mode unless you have some way of elevating the system off whatever surface it's sitting on. If the charging port had to be on the bottom, it's too bad the system can't be flipped upside down and have the screen rotate, similar to an ipad. I wonder if they were concerned about people putting the JoyCon's on incorrectly if that were to happen.
Claytone wrote: Fast RMX is a rerelease of Fast Racing Neo, a game I was very interested in (and tried at PAX) but never got around to purchasing. I completed the first cup, and I really like it. It does some things that neither wipEout nor F-Zero do, and its primary gimmick is interesting and really rewards track memorization. It also seems utterly packed with content (almost overwhelmingly). Should be a fun one to jump into every so often until I eventually complete it.
I grabbed Fast RMX as well, only played one race so far, but I did it in split screen tablet mode with two half JoyCons. It worked really well like that actually. I was worried the screen size would be too small but it worked and the half JoyCon's felt fine for this type of game. I definitely like the multiplayer potential of this. The little strap on's for the JoyCon's are comfy, but I thought they were a bit cumbersome to put on and take off.

In regards to the system battery, I left it in sleep mode last night (in airplane mode) for 8 hours, and the battery dropped 2%. With a powerbank I think I'll be able to get a pretty good portable battery life out of this.

Friend code:SW-5476-6059-1407
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Did anyone purchase any accessories? Like a carrier case or screen protector?
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Kreegs wrote:Did anyone purchase any accessories? Like a carrier case or screen protector?
Besides the joycon charger grip and pro controller, I haven't purchased anything else yet. I'll probably get a carrier case, but haven't searched for any atm. Will see when I go out to a store to buy a game (or order online).
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Same as Merlin. I got the ProCon, no charge grip yet (I'm fine with docking them while playing with ProCon), and I'll probably look for a nice case when I next head out to a store (no rush).
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Do we think that a screen protector will be helpful?
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Kreegs wrote:Do we think that a screen protector will be helpful?
I'm on team no-screen-protector, but I think one comes in (the) most common case bundle thing(s). I don't think I'll use it.