The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Post by The Shoemaker »

Now that we've all spent a pretty good amount of time with the game, what are everyone's hopes/expectations for the DLC? Specifically, the incredibly vague "hard mode" coming this summer? Considering it's a paid feature, I'm expecting more than just upping enemy health and strength.

My hopes are
- New enemy types: Would really help to make a new play through feel fresh with new tougher enemies, possibly even new enemy variants to go along with them too.
- New enemy tactics: After 115 hours, I know most of the strategies enemies use. I'd like to see new tactics, as well as new moves from the enemies.
- Remixed dungeons: I don't know how likely this one is. Dungeon design in this game is tied to the visuals of the Divine Beasts, so I'm not sure how much they could change. But if they could make it work, new more difficult dungeon solutions would help to make the game feel fresh.
- Real time eating: This one might be even less likely, but it would be interesting if you had to eat in real time. Pick the food from the menu like normal, but the eating animation takes place outside the menu, which means it can be canceled by getting hit while eating. Would help to reduce spamming food to stay alive, and would involve finding a spot to recover.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Ouenben
Great Scot
Great Scot

Post by Ouenben »

The Shoemaker wrote:
Ouenben wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:Officially played the game for 100+ hours! Found 60 shrines and 317 Korok seeds. Still have 6 areas with unlit towers. I also finished my second Divine Beast today, from the Zora's Domain.

It's interesting when you spend a lot of time in one area, and when you finally leave the area, you're reminded of how much there is to this game and how much you've seen. Just spent days over in the desert, feels good to just jump on my horse and run through the green fields again.
I'm amazed you're only at the 60 shrines mark at 100+ hours! Have you done any of the divine beasts yet?
"Officially played the game for 100+ hours! Found 60 shrines and 317 Korok seeds. Still have 6 areas with unlit towers. I also finished my second Divine Beast today, from the Zora's Domain." ;) :lol:

I didn't attempt any Divine Beasts until around the 80 hour mark though. I probably would have waited with the Zora beast as well, but I figured I may as well get it out of the way since it would be a big pain to explore the area through constant rain!

I'm now headed towards the Eldin and Alkala (sp?) regions, just lit up both respective towers. Interested to see if Tingle Island has anything of note.

Does anyone play with the shrine sensor on? I use the sensor for other materials, but never bothered using it with shrines.
I have absolutely no idea how you've gotten to 100 hours without all the map uncovered and only half the shrines. Just goes to show how everyone has different play styles.
My first priority was getting the map all unlocked then it was shrine hunting. I'm at 80 hours with 90 shrines and three divine beasts.
I highly recommend anyone who wants to do a lot of exploring and climbing focus on your stamina not hearts AND do the flying divine beast /Rito divine beast because you get
Spoiler
Divali's gale which lets you soar up high upto three times before needing recharged. It's very handy
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'm more in the Shoe camp. I don't have as many hours in, but I've mainly been following sidequests people give me, as well as my own home-made sidequests (I once cut down all the trees in a (small) forest for fun) rather than seeking out shrines or filling up the map. I only unlock a portion of the map if my travels happen to bring me in the direction of a tower.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I am more in Ben's camp as I love finding the towers and opening up the map. I also loved doing this in Wind Waker (my previous favorite Zelda title because of the open sea).
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

This dude just gave me 100 rupees to go kill 2 guardians. I did it and as my reward, he gave me 20 rupees. WTF?!
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Kreegs wrote:This dude just gave me 100 rupees to go kill 2 guardians. I did it and as my reward, he gave me 20 rupees. WTF?!
The Yiga clan strikes again!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Wasn't yiga! Just some old dude.
Last edited by Kreegs on 04 Apr 2017 03:57, edited 1 time in total.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Kreegs wrote:Wasn't yoga! Just some old dude.
They've fooled me with that old trick too many times!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Spore wrote:
Kreegs wrote:This dude just gave me 100 rupees to go kill 2 guardians. I did it and as my reward, he gave me 20 rupees. WTF?!
The Yiga clan strikes again!
I once met a Yiga Clan member who tried to sell me bananas. He had 99 bananas in stock.

Other Yiga Clan details from the desert
Spoiler
I liked the lead up to the Yiga clan fortress. I found all of these little frog statue things on the way that had plates for offerings, usually they accept apples but this time they wouldn't. After realizing the Yiga love bananas, it dawned on me to offer bananas to all of those statues and after that I was rolling in Korok Seeds. Also love how when you beat a Yiga member they leave a banana behind. :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Tris guy wasnt a yiga. It was an actually sidequest from Tarrey Town.