Nintendo Switch

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by Kreegs »

I was able to score some blue joy cons at Nintendo World in NYC. I always love stopping at that store. I love that they match!
Last edited by Kreegs on 17 Apr 2017 21:49, edited 1 time in total.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo, we played it for hour straight last night! Definitely think I might pick this one up now. Only thing I don't really understand is the mechanic of garbage puyo's/tetris blocks. I get that it comes from linking chains, but eventually multiple rows will be dumped on one of our screens and it just feels completely random :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Nintendo has announced Joucon AA battery grip Joycon AA battery grip.
I personally might find it a nicer grip for games like ARMS for example more so than extra battery power thou the extra battery power a nice bonus.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Grabbed a 64gb micro sd on Amazon from SanDisk, as it was on sale for $21. I plan on getting physical releases of games, but seeing as I don't have any micro sd cards laying around my house, I thought I might as well get one. Anyone else have one yet? Apparently I have to do a system update to format the card?
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Grabbed a 64gb micro sd on Amazon from SanDisk, as it was on sale for $21. I plan on getting physical releases of games, but seeing as I don't have any micro sd cards laying around my house, I thought I might as well get one. Anyone else have one yet? Apparently I have to do a system update to format the card?
I'll have to grab one eventually, but I'm sort of waiting to fill up the 32GB first. I actually survived on Wii U never upgrading the memory - but I suspect it will be a different story with the Switch. I do have my 32GB MicroSD that I use on my 3DS if I really need one. Ideally, I'd like to grab something like a 128GB card.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Yeah, I would have preferred to get a much bigger one, but it was pretty cheap to get the 64gb. I did pretty well on my WiiU storage as well without ever upgrading, so I think 64 will be good enough for me at this point. I can always get another one.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I'll be holding off on any SD purchase until the Switch gets some games. Right now the only thing I have stored is the OS and maybe a Zelda save file, depending on where those live. (And my Zelda is a hard copy, so obviously no need for extra storage there.)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Kong Wen wrote:I'll be holding off on any SD purchase until the Switch gets some games. Right now the only thing I have stored is the OS and maybe a Zelda save file, depending on where those live. (And my Zelda is a hard copy, so obviously no need for extra storage there.)
But I heard that you are planning to take like 5 million screenshots.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Nintendo NX

Post by Kreegs »

Kreegs wrote:We know exactly what it is! I have no idea what you are talking about.

The NX is an exciting new experience from Nintendo. It will be something innovative, different, and fun. Families will be able to use this, as well as singles and adults. This thrilling new concept will be different from it's competitors, but similar enough to provide a sense of familiarity. It will be the classic Nintendo you know, with an exciting new twist. Nintendo NX.
Looks like I was spot on with my super vauge Switch prediction!!!!

Also, does anyone have a case for their Switch? Im looking to get one.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Nintendo NX

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:
Kreegs wrote:We know exactly what it is! I have no idea what you are talking about.

The NX is an exciting new experience from Nintendo. It will be something innovative, different, and fun. Families will be able to use this, as well as singles and adults. This thrilling new concept will be different from it's competitors, but similar enough to provide a sense of familiarity. It will be the classic Nintendo you know, with an exciting new twist. Nintendo NX.
Looks like I was spot on with my super vauge Switch prediction!!!!

Also, does anyone have a case for their Switch? Im looking to get one.
Yeah I'm pretty sure Reggie has already said something like that :lol:

I have a biogenic "hard" case from EB Games/GameStop. It has a divider in the middle that protects the switch screen on one side, and holds game cards on the other. There's also a pouch where I store a usb c charger and joy-con straps