Tales of Series

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Jordan

Re: Tales of Series

Post by Jordan »

Yeah that's the silliest. I gotta admit that it's kinda cool though how you can see Tales XIII in the title.

RE: Berseria

I've been switching between Eleanor, Magilou and Eizen for the most part. Every now and then I'll pull out Velvet. I actually don't play Rokurou much now. I liked him a lot at the beginning but I guess I ultimately just prefer playing other characters. I'm not a real big fan of Laphicet's playstyle either. I think I like playing Magilou the most now. I found some pretty good combos which seem to work well for her. I like the move where she just summons a meteor. I made her title the one which reduces the casting time of water and fire malak arts. In fact, I actually have that title at level 2 for whatever reason. I throw in the malak arts at the end of combos and usually she casts fast enough that I don't have to dodge out of it. I find that I have to adjust my arts a lot in battles depending on how much gauge (3-5) I have.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I did beat Tales of Berseria a few days ago. I started a NG+ with some nice perks to go for completion and to play it again.

Once I'm done with it and am willing to do more Tales I'm going to take on Zesteria on PS3.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Congrats on beating Berseria. I just finished the return to the prison island. I'm thinking I still have a long way to go. I only have time to play it in bits and pieces, plus I'm playing other shit too.

I heard Zestiria is a really crappy game, but there may be some advantage in playing it after Berseria. Berseria is supposed to be a prequel of sorts. Characters like Zaphied make an appearance in Zestiria.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Jordan wrote:I heard Zestiria is a really crappy game, but there may be some advantage in playing it after Berseria. Berseria is supposed to be a prequel of sorts. Characters like Zaphied make an appearance in Zestiria.
I eat crappy games for dinner. With some French apple tarts and dark, rich Ethiopian coffee.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

This game really seems quite long, or perhaps I'm just slow.

I just finished the
Spoiler
Teresa and Oscar boss fight
. I've continued to play Eleanor, Eizen and Magilou exclusively, but I'm thinking of branching out to try Laphicet. Every now and then I'll switch to Laphicet anyways just to trigger his break souls.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

Jordan wrote:This game really seems quite long, or perhaps I'm just slow.

I just finished the
Spoiler
Teresa and Oscar boss fight
. I've continued to play Eleanor, Eizen and Magilou exclusively, but I'm thinking of branching out to try Laphicet. Every now and then I'll switch to Laphicet anyways just to trigger his break souls.
Wow I'm in the exact same place albeit in my second play through
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

I'm at the end of Berseria now and wrapping up side quests. Then I'll beat it again and do any more side quests that pop up (?) and do the extra dungeon. Basically I'm cleaning up for platinum hopefully.

I actually changed my mind and decided to play Tales of Graces f next. And I think I'll do it in its hardest mode too to force me to learn the battle system and characters faster and so that it's more challenging. When I get to it....not sure how much of Berseria is left.