ARMS

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: ARMS

Post by The Shoemaker »

Claytone wrote:Ended up buying this because I had enough friends getting it to justify grabbing it for some online fun.

My first impression is that it is remarkably feature-light. It's basically just your traditional single-player ladder mode and online/offline versus. That's it. Hard to justify that for $60 US, but I guess I paid for it, so here we are. :lol:

Beat the single-player on the easiest difficulty and had enough fun. You have to beat it on level 4 (out of 7) in order to access online play, so I've got a ways to go, but I find the gameplay fundamentally sound. Really looking forward to playing some humans whenever I unlock that ability.

I think this game has potential for a strong sequel or a goodwill, free update by Nintendo to flesh it out substantially. I would certainly like to see one or the other.
The lack of content is what mostly turned me off the game. I'm definitely someone who makes the most out of the single player modes in multiplayer focused games like Smash Bros and Mario Kart.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote: The lack of content is what mostly turned me off the game. I'm definitely someone who makes the most out of the single player modes in multiplayer focused games like Smash Bros and Mario Kart.
Yeah, I definitely get that. I love how fleshed out the 1P modes are in most Smash games (I was actually slightly disappointed in Smash 4, which had the least impressive offering since 64, IMO.

For what it's worth, there are actually a couple additional mini games I didn't see at first, but it's still a slim offering. Definitely would not recommend this one if you're not that interested in online competition.
You got BOOST power!
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

I actually didn't care for the motion controls. I found the pro controller to be the best option.