Ikaruga & Gradius V designer working on PS4 shooter

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Ikaruga & Gradius V designer working on PS4 shooter

Post by Kong Wen »

According to Eurogamer, the designer of Ikaruga, Radiant Silvergun, and Gradius V is working on a new downloadable shooter for PS4. Publishing details obviously haven't been finalized, as it's early in development, so it could end up appearing on other platforms as well.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: Ikaruga & Gradius V designer working on PS4 shooter

Post by Sharecrow »

Nice - I've never played any of these but am impressed with their look and they've gotten lots of accolades. Nothing like a new and really polished shooter. I'm going to stay tuned...
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Here's hoping for an action game rather than a true shmup, but I'll be happy with either. It's always nice to see a new IP coming from Treasure.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

VictorViper wrote:Here's hoping for an action game rather than a true shmup, but I'll be happy with either. It's always nice to see a new IP coming from Treasure.
This isn't Treasure. It's Hiroshi Iuchi, now working for M2, which is a company that has spent recent years doing 3D ports of Sega games on 3DS, Konami games on PSP, and the ReBirth games for Konami on WiiWare.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Ah. Nice! I have enjoyed his work!
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

Considering it's a Japanese developed downloadable game, and it's not by Treasure, chances are this won't be something spectacular. Probably something closer to Gradius Rebirth than Gradius V, though it might be more fun than the former. Anyhow I'll be sure not to pay much attention to this game because I'm sure I won't like it.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

TheGreatNads wrote:Considering it's a Japanese developed downloadable game, and it's not by Treasure, chances are this won't be something spectacular. Probably something closer to Gradius Rebirth than Gradius V, though it might be more fun than the former. Anyhow I'll be sure not to pay much attention to this game because I'm sure I won't like it.
I'm not looking for something spectacular - just something fun that looks good. I think I'll end up liking what I get.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Shooters don't make it over here very often, so I'll grab what I can. I won't expect it to be as great as Gradius V, but at least I can hope it won't be as cerebral as Ikaruga or Radiant Silvergun. I play shooters to react, not to think...anyways, I just hope it's fun.
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!