What's the latest thing you bought?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
kawaiipikachu
Aspirant

Re: What's the latest thing you bought?

Post by kawaiipikachu »

Starmancer wrote:Oh Jaystreet does that stuff, too, just not quite as much as the retro stuff. It helps that they're pretty much the only retro game in town as far as I know...
Decided to create a Retro games store thread here so we don't derail this thread here.
"Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a wind swept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
"
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

This isn't technically a personal purchase, but I just got the Lego Ecto-1 as a birthday present and that's too damn cool not to share.

Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

VictorViper wrote:This isn't technically a personal purchase, but I just got the Lego Ecto-1 as a birthday present and that's too damn cool not to share.

Damn right it is.
You got BOOST power!
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Got this boxed and complete copy of Faselei to add to my NGPC collection. Another of the harder to find games ticked off. :)

Kiwi the Tortoise
Sentient Reptile
Sentient Reptile

Post by Kiwi the Tortoise »

A Beta Fu7ure wrote:Got this boxed and complete copy of Faselei to add to my NGPC collection. Another of the harder to find games ticked off. :)
Sounds like drivel....

No, I am not kidding. It actually does.
Faselei is German and translates into drivel. :ugeek:
Kiwi the TORT joins the Shining Force!
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Kiwi the Tortoise wrote:
A Beta Fu7ure wrote:Got this boxed and complete copy of Faselei to add to my NGPC collection. Another of the harder to find games ticked off. :)
Sounds like drivel....

No, I am not kidding. It actually does.
Faselei is German and translates into drivel. :ugeek:
Haha, that's actually a pretty amusing factoid. Fortunately it's supposed to be a very good game. I now own two copies of it so my house is full of drivel. :o

It's a curious choice for a name. I wonder where they picked it from? The NGPC is infamous for it's odd translations so I wonder if someone in Japan got their meanings wrong. In the game, I believe, Faselei is the name of the army unit your mechs fight in.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Bought an anime and 5 games since I last posted:

The Irresponsible Captain Tylor - The Complete Series (DVD) - I've watched some of this before and love it. It's up there with Slayers and Gintama as my favorite comedies, in that they all are silly enough to make light of their situations, but not too silly so as to forget to have actual character development and meaningful stories. Now I can finally finish this baby.

Front mission 3 (PSOC/PS3) - Been meaning to get this since forever. Had just enough in my PSN wallet left for it, too.

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (Wii U) - I can't believe how hard it was to find a decently priced copy of this version in a store, even used.

Fragile: Farewell to the Moon (Wii) - I guess it's never gonna go below $20, so I might as well grab it while I can. Dunno if I'll like it, but I could probably make back the money in a few years if I don't.

Chibi-Robo: Park Patrol (DS) - Been meaning to get this for waaaay too long. I recall Nintendo Power's review making me hesitant to get it, but screw them. Got it for $6, anyways.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (DS) - Might as well, so I'll have the whole series once the collection comes out. (except Investigations, but screw Investigations)
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
A Beta Fu7ure
Aspirant

Post by A Beta Fu7ure »

Upgraded my cart only copy of Crush Roller to a boxed and complete version and can now use the second cart for 2 player and trading (if I ever get the 2p link-up lead which is harder to find than the Holy Grail, for some reason).

Also got another cross ring adapter with it. These things are always nice to have in case one breaks.
Starmancer
☆Magic Man☆

Post by Starmancer »

Volgur the Viking (GoG) - was on sale and I remember some folks here praising it

Action Replay Plus (Sega Saturn) - Bit the bullet and grabbed this. I'm gonna need it eventually, anyways...
Backloggery

Look Ma, Imma Star!
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Needed new shoes, so I bought the Nike Air Monarch from SportChek this past week.