YouTube Subscriptions?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: YouTube Subscriptions?

Post by The Shoemaker »

Once in a while I`ll listen to old VC-forumer DEMON212`s video game reviews on Youtube. I don`t think he`s done one in about a year or so, but I always liked giving him a couple views when he did make a video. https://www.youtube.com/user/DEIVION212/videos
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

A channel that I have been looking at recently is Beta64. They are all videos of N64 game history with footage of the betas. Worth watching!
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Humphries90

Post by Humphries90 »

So my favourite Youtube channel and also my greatest inspiration, Classic Game Room, is scaling back production significantly. CGRUndertow is seizing production altogether.

http://classicgameroom.com/forums/topic ... w-changes/

Makes me genuinely sad. They've provided me countless hours of light game reviewing entertainment. In today's serious gaming journalism (i.e. awfulness) they have constantly been a ray of light, and all there videos have been a "stop what you're doing and watch it" moment for me.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Whenever I'm especially bored and in the mood for a mild chuckle, I look up videos from Cinemasins and Honest Trailers. They both focus on a single movie at a time and basically make fun of them in their own specific ways.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Two important additions to the thread from ol' Kong:

1. Binging with Babish - Awesome cooking show where our protagonist recreates and cooks delicious food from pop culture (TV, movies, etc.). Some stuff would be fun to try yourself.

2. Movies with Mikey - Awesome, thoughtful, well-contextualized, but not pretentious film reviews by a former lead writer on the Borderlands series. (He just retired from Gearbox due to health problems, so he's focusing on MwM as his new full-time job.)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

3. Mr. Puzzle - This is another nice channel that I found while surfing today. It's a German guy who shows off some interesting puzzles and trick toys that he's purchased, and includes how to solve them. They're simple, but nicely paced. I like that he discusses the puzzles before solving them.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 18 Jun 2017 05:31 Two important additions to the thread from ol' Kong:

1. Binging with Babish - Awesome cooking show where our protagonist recreates and cooks delicious food from pop culture (TV, movies, etc.). Some stuff would be fun to try yourself.

2. Movies with Mikey - Awesome, thoughtful, well-contextualized, but not pretentious film reviews by a former lead writer on the Borderlands series. (He just retired from Gearbox due to health problems, so he's focusing on MwM as his new full-time job.)
My YouTube subscriptions are missing movie coverage, so I'll give this a try!
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Implantgaming is great. His series, “Is _____ Still good” and “Is _______ Overrated” are both very well done. I am really surprised he doesnt have more subscribers. Not sure how I came across his channel, but I am glad I did. Give it a look. The most recent upload is “Is DuckTales Overrated?”
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Not exactly a subscription, but I'm getting a big kick out of the Walk of Life Project this morning.

http://www.wolproject.com/

They assert that "Walk of Life" by Dire Straits is the perfect song to end any movie, and have edited it into a bunch of different films on their site. My faves are probably the films that came out before the song was even released. Chinatown made me crack up.