Favorite box art.

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Favorite box art.

Post by SkyPikachu »

With My Hero Academia One Justice getting a release date and an amazingly cool box art it made me think about what some of the coolest box arts were.

I think this is my favorite of the year so far.

However I don't think it's nearly the best ever as we have a ton of arts just like this with the hero/main character on the front.

I do admit I miss the older (pre-disc) arts due to them (atleast SNES and N64) being horizontal instead of vertical thus making it harder to just still the main character on and leaving it like that.

I have very found memories of the Super Mario Galaxy 2 art due to it being on a massive billboard when it came out and it looked so cool when I was kid. Video games were rarely advertised on billboards at least out in the suburbs. It was also the reason I bought a Wii (not the box art itself) so the cover has a huge meaning behind it for me it also was the time I rediscovered Nintendo after being "too cool" for Nintendo during my high school years.

I'm aware the two examples I gave contradict my dislike for new box art but 99% of the time they look boring where I felt there was more varity in the 90s.

Anyway what's yours?
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Favorite box art.

Post by Spore »

Last edited by Spore on 15 May 2018 05:59, edited 1 time in total.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Spore wrote: 15 May 2018 03:57 Image
Omg this is great it's so american
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

This is a great thread! Nice work Slurm.

I'm going to have to put some thought into this and then come back.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Slurmee wrote: 15 May 2018 04:35
Spore wrote: 15 May 2018 03:57 Image
Omg this is great it's so american
I remember reading an interview about this box art recently. The old man has nothing to do with the game, and everything to do with catching your eye. They needed some way to stand out and all these years later it still does!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons