Sony censoring visual novels on all Sony console.

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Sony banning visual novels on all Sony console.

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote: 16 Nov 2018 01:26
Slurmee wrote: 15 Nov 2018 23:29 Interesting that it's a religious thing. It actually scares me how the AAA game industry is so violence heavy.
To clarify, I don't necessarily mean it's directly because of religion. But it's a cultural norms thing, which in west is heavily influenced by Abrahamic religions.

The main risk of sexual content in media is that it can be exploitative and can cause representational harm. I agree with your hesitation about violence in games. It's nice, at least, that there are some indies who actively work to design games that eschew violence in some ways. When you think about it, though, conflict is at the heart of most human stories, and conflict often boils down to violence, or the threat/potential of violence.
I think the same can be said about violence in games (including all forms of media) I'm also not talking about the extreme violence but just the ongoing violence in all forms of media seems to make it more normal.

Hell as a kid 9/11 didn't really seem that big of a deal as buildings blow up on tv all the time (I was 8)