Post your gaming setup/Den!

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Re: Post your gaming setup/Den!

Post by Kreegs »

Forgot to add a photo of my pinball machine. Gotlieb Amazing Spiderman.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1TkWbP ... c-OqW2WPkw
I intend to live forever, or die trying
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kreegs wrote: 27 Feb 2018 02:44 Forgot to add a photo of my pinball machine. Gotlieb Amazing Spiderman.

She's a beaut, buddy! Looks in great shape too.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

VictorViper wrote: 27 Feb 2018 05:26
Kreegs wrote: 27 Feb 2018 02:44 Forgot to add a photo of my pinball machine. Gotlieb Amazing Spiderman.

She is a beauty! Plays great. Replaces all the rubber on the playfield and waxed it down. Also got some of the electrical cleaned up. Backglass is pretty good, but is still flaking even after coating it with Krylon. I might need to consider converting bulbs to LEDs.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Kreegs wrote: 02 Mar 2018 00:09
VictorViper wrote: 27 Feb 2018 05:26

She is a beauty! Plays great. Replaces all the rubber on the playfield and waxed it down. Also got some of the electrical cleaned up. Backglass is pretty good, but is still flaking even after coating it with Krylon. I might need to consider converting bulbs to LEDs.
Krylon is just a brand - I'm assuming you used a spray clear coat? If that's not working you might consider an acrylic-based gel medium. Link below for a product example but the brand is a high-end paint manufacturer so keep that in mind before buying anything.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

I took a week of vacation a couple of weeks ago to build and paint a full wall of bookcases that I consider an integral part of my gaming den in my personcave:

I'm still sorting and setting stuff up and getting stuff out of boxes. I'm putting my NES carts on the top left, and the bottom-left empty spot has my SNES and N64 carts. I don't know where I'm going to put my GB/GBA/DS/3DS stuff yet, or my Genesis carts, or my last box of random weird stuff (WonderSwan, etc.).

Not pictured to the right of that white cabinet is another whole wall of shelves that's already filled with my books, and to the left of the window is another case that houses my movies.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

Looks great Kong! Good work!

Something like this is my dream as well for my eventual Media Consumption Cave. Maybe an extra set of shelves for sports memorabilia as well. :)
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote: 03 Jul 2018 14:48 I took a week of vacation a couple of weeks ago to build and paint a full wall of bookcases that I consider an integral part of my gaming den in my personcave:

I'm still sorting and setting stuff up and getting stuff out of boxes. I'm putting my NES carts on the top left, and the bottom-left empty spot has my SNES and N64 carts. I don't know where I'm going to put my GB/GBA/DS/3DS stuff yet, or my Genesis carts, or my last box of random weird stuff (WonderSwan, etc.).

Not pictured to the right of that white cabinet is another whole wall of shelves that's already filled with my books, and to the left of the window is another case that houses my movies.
Holy moly! So this is how things would look if I never sold my games! :lol:
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Ouenben
Great Scot
Great Scot

Post by Ouenben »

Kong Wen wrote: 03 Jul 2018 14:48 I took a week of vacation a couple of weeks ago to build and paint a full wall of bookcases that I consider an integral part of my gaming den in my personcave:

That's a mighty fine collection. If I ever buy a house I'll be having a room like that