Favorite Stan Lee Character.

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Favorite Stan Lee Character.

Post by SkyPikachu »

What is your favorite Stan Lee Character and why?

Mine is Spider-man being a nerdy kid/teen myself when I started watching Spidey I was able to relate to him very easily and I really love the humor behind Spidey that other comics don't seem to have.

I also kind of want to shout out Wolverine as he would never have been made without Stan Lee creating the X-men. Stan Lee however didn't personally create Wolverine though.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: Favorite Stan Lee Character.

Post by Kong Wen »

Spider-Man would have been my easy pick, but I'm giving him to Jack Kirby. Doctor Strange might have been my next pick just because of the crazy psychedelic art I remember loving as a kid, but I'm giving him to Steve Ditko.

So with those caveats, I think it's going to come down to Daredevil (I like the character, even if I don't enjoy many (most?) of his storylines) and Black Panther.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

My picks are Spiderman and Hulk. I've read comics of these as a kid, watched TV series and cartoons of both before the X-men, Fantastic 4 and Avengers became popular.
Grt. Merlin

VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

I didn't see this post somehow! Daredevil for me, and it's an easy choice. For my tastes he's Marvel's most compellingly conflicted character (alliteration in Stan's honour), and when you factor in the disability-as-superpower, it all comes together. I'm with Kong - DD can be a hard pick because there's a whole lotta suck in his catalogue. But in the right hands, making good use of his ethical and moral conundrums as lynch pins for the action... it just doesn't get better. Daredevil hands down.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.