Mario Kart 8 Q/A

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Re: Mario Kart 8 Q/A

Post by SkyPikachu »

http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

This is the best link I've seen for details.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I just pre-purchased both packs (getting me the colored Yoshi's and Shy Guy's) and also got the free fancy cars. Off to work now before I can try them out! :-(
I intend to live forever, or die trying
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Slurmee wrote:http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

Interestingly Slurm, the images for the cups on this official link are not the images that we saw leaked!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

Slurmee wrote:http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/dlc/

Nice, I'll buy these DLC on Sunday.

I think the release timing is actually pretty good, just enough time to let people fully enjoy the game and then they give us new tracks to race to hook us back in. I'm really looking forward to what they do with the Zelda cup. I'm especially pumped about hearing some new music!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote: Really happy and surprised about this news though, did not expect non-Mario characters to be added to the game. Confirmation of new courses is great as well, being added 6 months after the release of the game seems a bit late but I guess it will remind people of the game when Smash comes out.

Price is good too, $8 a pack and $12 for both packs together, great deal! If you buy them in advance you get multicoloured Yoshi's and Shy Guy's.
http://www.gonintendo.com/boards/viewto ... 56&start=0
End of March would have been better, but it's awesome to see The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing racers and cups. I'm a bit surprised at our price point; was expecting it to be $1-2 more. I'll pre-order the combo pack as soon as I can! :)
evildevil97
Adept

Post by evildevil97 »

I'm absolutely shocked at the price point. They could've easily charged double and it would've still been a decent deal. Twelve bucks for sixteen new courses, six new characters, and eight new vehicles.

I read somewhere comparing it to a Mario Kart 64's worth of content (battle mode notwithstanding), and I think it's an apt comparison. And this is why I'll always back Nintendo. It's a friggin' steal for all this extra stuff.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Everything about this DLC makes me happy. The free stuff, the game upgrades, the new stuff, the bundle deal, everything!!!!! What a value!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kreegs wrote:Everything about this DLC makes me happy. The free stuff, the game upgrades, the new stuff, the bundle deal, everything!!!!! What a value!
Great deal, I agree. Everyone was using the GLA cars and Yoshi/Shy Guy's today, I can't imagine how it will be when Link comes out :p

The themed cups will be cool to see though, Think of the Zelda music they could use and remix it to sound Mario Karty. Also the F-zero track should be good.

I had a look at the GLA's today, nothing overly impressive, but I really like the drift on the third car. Maybe if I use a heavy character I can bump up that speed a little.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I also noticed a ton of people using the new cars and colors last night. It was probably more than half of the racers sometimes! You are right in thinking that there will be tons of people using Link once November hits.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Does anyone have any predictions on the new cups? We know that there is at least 1 retro track in one of the cups, but do you think there will be 1 in both? 2 in both??