TONe Mario Kart 8 League

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Re: TONe Mario Kart 8 League

Post by kitroplious »

The Shoemaker wrote:I didn't get home until 10pm central today so I missed you Kreegs! Managed to get a few races in with Vernon though.
That was fun though, even though I'm pretty bad nowadays! :P Made countless mistakes on the GamePad, as usual... drifting is a bit difficult for me, partly to do with my left side [of my body] (but don't like to fully blame it on that).

Another thing is that I haven't gone through all the courses thoroughly. I have a tough time finding shortcuts as well.

Happy though it was just one other person... I would have done much worse in terms of results.
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I usually check at 8pm and 9pm CET/CEST (GMT+1/GMT+2). Later just doesn't work for me. Didn't get any race done last night and last week, but appearantly finished 1st two weeks ago when I raced Trapster. Still have to question the wednesday choice, but I guess any day is bad for EU as there are just a few EU participants to the league. For NA participants, there's a bigger chance to meet up with another NA participant any day.

Anyway, who's participating? EU/NA/AUS?
Grt. Merlin

The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

kitroplious wrote:
The Shoemaker wrote:I didn't get home until 10pm central today so I missed you Kreegs! Managed to get a few races in with Vernon though.
That was fun though, even though I'm pretty bad nowadays! :P Made countless mistakes on the GamePad, as usual... drifting is a bit difficult for me, partly to do with my left side [of my body] (but don't like to fully blame it on that).

Another thing is that I haven't gone through all the courses thoroughly. I have a tough time finding shortcuts as well.

Happy though it was just one other person... I would have done much worse in terms of results.
Glad you had fun! Yeah I can tell you just need to play the courses a little more to be better, takes practise! Are you using tilt controls or is it something like your coordination that messes you up?
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

I think I have about three races left (did five races I believe). After all this time, I was able to hop onto the tournament for the first time, regarding this community.

About the DLC, again, I love the new stuff Nintendo announced. I kind of wish Nintendo would have done something with Mario Kart 7 on the 3DS, other than patching those shortcuts [when online]. I was hoping to pre-order the bundle tonight, but couldn't...
The Shoemaker wrote:Glad you had fun! Yeah I can tell you just need to play the courses a little more to be better, takes practise! Are you using tilt controls or is it something like your coordination that messes you up?
Not using tilt controls, but coordination is what's messes me up.
Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

I am most likely out this week. My wife and I are going to the Twins game.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Unfortunately, I'm away from the house again (one of my folks had a death in their family).
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

Hope to see one or more EU MK8 players tomorrow around 8 or 9pm CEST (GMT+2). Or maybe some NA/AUS participants?
Grt. Merlin

Kreegs
Space Mountain Climber
Space Mountain Climber

Post by Kreegs »

Hey everyone! Just checking it: Who can play this Wednesday? I am in for sure.
I intend to live forever, or die trying
MerlinDrazziw
Koshogumi
Koshogumi

Post by MerlinDrazziw »

I could if I had an fellow member available for the times I've mentioned before.
Grt. Merlin

Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

MerlinDrazziw wrote:Hope to see one or more EU MK8 players tomorrow around 8 or 9pm CEST (GMT+2). Or maybe some NA/AUS participants?
I'll be snoozin' it up in the office at that time, unfortunately! I hope to be around when I get home from work, though.

Think you'll have more luck getting a game in if we change it back to the weekend? Last time we weren't getting many games because people were just playing with whoever was on instead of trying to recruit/organize more people from the forum, but I think we've gotten better at that.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming