E3 2019

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

E3 2019

Post by SkyPikachu »

HERE WE GO GO GO

So what are you expecting from E3 and what do you want from E3?

Event Schedule
June 9th
Microsoft - 1pm PDT/4pm EDT/9pm BST/6am AEST (10th)
Bethesda - 5:30pm PDT/8:30pm EDT/1:30am BST (10th)/10:30am AEST (10th)
Devolver Digital - 7pm PDT/10pm EDT/3am BST (10th)/12pm AEST (10th)

June 10th
UploadVR - 9am PDT/12pm EDT/5pm BST/2am AEST (11th)
PC Gaming Show - 10am PDT/1pm EDT/6pm BST/3am AEST (11th)
Limited Run Games - 12pm PDT/3pm EDT/8pm BST/5am AEST (11th)
Ubisoft - 1pm PDT/4pm EDT/9pm BST/6am AEST (11th)
Kinda Funny Showcase - 4:30pm PDT/7:30pm EDT/12:30am BST (11th)/9:30am AEST (11th)
Square Enix - 6pm PDT/9pm EDT/2am BST (11th)/11am AEST (11th)

June 11th
Nintendo - 9am PDT/12pm EDT/5pm BST/2am AEST (12th)

June 11th-13th
Showfloor
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Re: E3 2019

Post by Claytone »

As with every year sine 2004, the only thing that would blow me away would be an F-Zero announcement. Beyond that, just hoping for a good show from everyone as usual. Some new IP and some quality sequels.
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

What I want from Xbox: Bonkers Game Pass announcements. I don't care about Gears 5 or Halo Infinity, Game Pass could steal the show for me.

My dream would be announcing Game Pass for new platforms like Switch, as has been rumored.

As per usual I'm not expecting big game announcements from Nintendo. Their last big game announcement was Metroid Prime 4 in 2017, which was a logo. Before that their last big announcements would have been e3 2014 with Zelda, Splatoon and Mario Maker. Since then their e3's have been about their Fall games.

My hope is no game delays, and that Animal Crossing is an ambitious new entry for the series.

I'll be watching the Kinda Funny showcase, good indie games will show up there.

Cautiously optimistic for Square Enix to show off their Avengers game.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

Serious Sam 4.

on steam
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 24 May 2019 04:55 What I want from Xbox: Bonkers Game Pass announcements. I don't care about Gears 5 or Halo Infinity, Game Pass could steal the show for me.

My dream would be announcing Game Pass for new platforms like Switch, as has been rumored.

As per usual I'm not expecting big game announcements from Nintendo. Their last big game announcement was Metroid Prime 4 in 2017, which was a logo. Before that their last big announcements would have been e3 2014 with Zelda, Splatoon and Mario Maker. Since then their e3's have been about their Fall games.

My hope is no game delays, and that Animal Crossing is an ambitious new entry for the series.

I'll be watching the Kinda Funny showcase, good indie games will show up there.

Cautiously optimistic for Square Enix to show off their Avengers game.
I'd argue Pokemon was the bigger announcement in 2017 over Metroid Prime 4.

Maybe Prime 4 had more shocked factor but regarding how popular the game will be Pokemon will sell like crazy compared to Prime 4.

Game Pass is a big deal to me as well for Xbox and I'd love to see it on Switch. Would that mean my Xbox game pass games are playable on switch or would the switch have titles on game pass?

I'm terrified Animal Crossing will launch closely to Pokemon and I'll have to trade time between the games. Here's hoping Animal Crossing gets a sudden August/September Release and Pokemon is November. (Or vias versa but pokemon usually is November)
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

So far, I'll bite on Cyberpunk 2077 and Game of Souls.

My Nintendo list is Super Mario Maker 2, The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening's Awakening, and Pokémon Sword. They're not strictly E3 titles, but I'll see if I can sneak pre-order discounts in anyway.

VIC: Before I forget, Phantasy Star Online 2 is coming West.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Microsofts conference for me was extremely disappointing.

Firstly then said it would be 2 hours long and was 1 hour 35 minutes. Don't tell me the length if it's not true it just left me wanting more.

Project Scarlett shouldn't have been shown. You don't announce a console like that imo. Specs were announced extremely slowly by people and it just was boring. Nintendo did a MUCH MUCH MUCH better reveal by also announcing when we'll find out more details and showing footage of the console. Also why should I buy it if everything is coming to PC (including Game Pass)

Halo Infinite was just a cinematic trailer and is releasing much later than I expected. Gameplay when? Like this doesn't make sense at this point.

Cyberpunk 2077 again was just a cinematic trailer a release date is nice though.

Gears 5 showed no gameplay at the event (but they were going to after or something?) Really not my game tho.

Phantasy Star Online 2 looks fun and I look forward to trying it however Spring 2020 might clash with animal crossing :(

Tales of Arise looks interesting but isn't a wower.

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot I don't know if that was gameplay or not but I love the series. I thought they said it was coming this year :( but 2020 is fine

Ori and the Will of the Wisps no gameplay (or very very little of it) but I'll be playing it regardless. Kinda happy it's distancing itself from pokemon.

No Fable IV sucked and just in general the lack of that one big WOW announcement kinda just made it so meh.

I was just left wanting more knowing nothing about Project Scarlett and wondering why I woke up at 5:30am for this.

---

Bethesda I never get my hopes up for because I just don't adore any of their games nonetheless there were a few things I want to mention.

That person that kept screaming was annoying as hell.

Ghostwire: Toyko looks interesting but I NEED GAMEPLAY

They handled Fallout 76 very well. Might even try out the free week

Elders Scrolls Blades I'm going to try.

Everything else seemed like filler though they really do have an issue with being a smaller company though. I feel like they're the smallest out of Bethesda, Ubisoft and Square Enix.

Elders Scroll VI and Starfield being a no show was strange.

---

Basically today was a huge let down for me and I don't see Ubisoft or Square Enix doing much better.

At best they both announce 1 game each that I fall in love with but the likelyhood of seeing gameplay seems slim.

I feel like this all lays on Nintendos back.

If Animal Crossing gets a lot of time including gameplay (as does Luigi's Mansion 3), Pikmin 4 gets announced and we see a whole lot of other stuff (as well as the pokemon gameplay footage) I feel like they easily have the best show.

I really hope the lack of gameplay means that they'll just show gameplay on gamespot and ign and youtube etc. During the 3 show days
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Sky, wasn't the Ori footage almost 100% gameplay?

Microsoft was fine, but disappointing. My expectations were a little high. I was really looking forward to information on their Xcloud service, but they didn't really say anything new beyond when we can expect to see it. talking about their bee consoles felt unnecessary.

There were plenty of cool games, and it's great to see how many games are going to be launching on Game Pass.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

The Shoemaker wrote: 10 Jun 2019 04:26 Sky, wasn't the Ori footage almost 100% gameplay?

Microsoft was fine, but disappointing. My expectations were a little high. I was really looking forward to information on their Xcloud service, but they didn't really say anything new beyond when we can expect to see it. talking about their bee consoles felt unnecessary.

There were plenty of cool games, and it's great to see how many games are going to be launching on Game Pass.
Yeah it was so I can kind of forgive them for that but compared to last years gameplay heavy event this years been cinematic heavy across both conferences so far.
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Post by Spore »

I'm glad they called the new DBZ game Kakarot. It's good to finally get a DBZ game about Goku for a change.