What's cookin'?

A place to engage in friendly conversation with your fellow This Old Neon community members. Culture, entertainment, and various miscellaneous discussions are welcome here. Please be sure to acquaint yourself with the Forum Rules before posting.
Jelly
Beans
Beans

What's cookin'?

Post by Jelly »

Share your recipes, doesn't have to be your own or anything fancy.

I'll start with my lunch today, Swedish sausage wraps with instant mashed potatoes.

Get a somewhat soft wrap bread, make half a portion of instant mashed potatoes (add a bit of butter and milk if you feel like it).

Spread it on the wrap. Add some fried sausages, preferably spicy. Apply sweet mustard and ketchup if you want, it needs something sweet. A garlic sauce or aioli is not bad either.

Add some vegetables like lettuce or thinly sliced tomatoes. Chives or red onions are nice. If you have a jar of crispy deep fried onions, add some of that.

Assemble and enjoy.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Re: What's cookin'?

Post by Kong Wen »

Mama Kong's Chocolate Chip Cookies

This is a fairly standard chocolate chip cookie recipe. Ingredients listed here are for a half-batch, technically. It makes one standard baking sheet, so it's good enough for me, but if you want to make more, just double everything. Math!
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 1/8 cup white baking flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (no milk chocolate, no)
Preheat oven to 350 °F.

Cream together butter and two sugars. Add egg and vanilla. Mix it up. Add flour and soda/powder sift. Mix it up. Add chocolate chips. Mix it up.

I use an ice cream scoop to plop the dough onto the cookie sheet. It makes nice big thick cookies.

Bake 10-15 minutes (oven temps vary). My oven takes the full 15 minutes. Remember that they'll continue firming up after you taking them out of the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool.

If you've got a chocolate-hater on your hands like I do, you can sub the chips for Reese's peanut butter chips, which are excellent!
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming