A new Ys game for PS4 & Vita

Sony discussion, including PS3, PS4, Vita, PS VR, PlayStation Network, PlayStation Mobile, PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Now, PlayStation TV, and Trophies.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

A new Ys game for PS4 & Vita

Post by Kong Wen »

There's going to be a new entry in the 3D action-RPG Ys series courtesy of Nihon Falcom. It's being released on PS4 and Vita in 2015 in Japan, and hopefully worldwide soon after. It looks gorgeous! We definitely need to see a couple examples of this kind of RPG on PS4, especially in a respected series like Ys. Notably, it doesn't sound like this game is a remake of a previous one. I look forward to hearing more details about the game.

I know the Ys games have a little bit of a following around here. Excited about this announcement?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Re: A new Ys game for PS4 & Vita

Post by Sharecrow »

I'll be all over this - I've only played 1 and 2 (1 on NES and TG16/CD or whatever, 2 only on the latter). I haven't yet played the Vita one yet though I will if I ever finish Persona 4 before I pass away). So I'm not a fan of the series really due to lack of experience with it but I do know what I like and it often looks a lot like this game.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: A new Ys game for PS4 & Vita

Post by VictorViper »

Guess I've got a reason to beat Celceta within the year. The vid was pretty, but I didn't see anything that would have me grabbing the PS4 version over Vita, but I'll wait and see.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.