Amiibo

Nintendo discussion, including Switch, Wii U, 2DS, New 3DS, eShop, Miiverse, and Virtual Console.
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Amiibo

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:Amoeba should now be available for pre-order on Amazon. Given the functionality and the fact that these toys are likely to unlock in-game goodies, it seems completion obsessives like our good buddy SKTTR are in for an expensive new hoarding hobby.

These things couldn't appeal to me any less as a game supplement, but I'll probably get an Ike figure to stand with my Fire Emblem collection.
I'm egarly awaiting the release of Ike, his pose for SSB4 is so bad ass.

I won't bother pre ordering, but I'll probably snag a Mario (will most likely have the most use), Link and Samus. Marth is pretty cool, but I'm a much bigger fan of Ike. Maybe Mega Man when he comes out.

I never thought I'd see the day where a Wii Fit Trainer figurine was being commercially made.
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

Just pre-ordered a few from the first batch. Picked up Samus, Mario and Link. Will probably grab Kirby, Marth and Pit after a little bit.
SkyPikachu
Down Under Gamer
Down Under Gamer

Post by SkyPikachu »

Kong Wen wrote:Amoeba should now be available for pre-order on Amazon. Given the functionality and the fact that these toys are likely to unlock in-game goodies, it seems completion obsessives like our good buddy SKTTR are in for an expensive new hoarding hobby.

These things couldn't appeal to me any less as a game supplement, but I'll probably get an Ike figure to stand with my Fire Emblem collection.
I might get 1 or 2 of my favorite characters depending on the price tag $18 from EB Games (Gamestop) here isn't awful but I'd prefer to pay under $15.
Drumble doesn't respect the sigs so here's a link to my backloggery
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Kong Wen wrote:Amoeba should now be available for pre-order on Amazon. Given the functionality and the fact that these toys are likely to unlock in-game goodies, it seems completion obsessives are in for an expensive new hoarding hobby.

I've pre-ordered Villager yesterday. May also get Wii Fit Trainer, Fox, Marth, Little Mac, and Captain Falcon (last two from second wave).
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'm still only sold on Mario from the first two waves. He just looks to have the most functionality. I wanted Link but looking closer I don't think his model looks very good. Maybe Samus because she still looks awesome.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote:I'm still only sold on Mario from the first two waves. He just looks to have the most functionality. I wanted Link but looking closer I don't think his model looks very good. Maybe Samus because she still looks awesome.
The only one I'm semi-interested in from the first waves is Pikachu, but that's just because he was my SSBB main, not because I care about Pokémon at all. I like the fact that he's compact, and he's not suspended from the base by a transparent rod (like Link).
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
kitroplious
True Gamer
True Gamer

Post by kitroplious »

Just pre-ordered 50% of the first wave (Fox, Marth, Wii Fit Trainer, Pikachu, Samus, Villager) today/this past week. In terms of the second wave [when available], I'll probably go for three more, at the very least (Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Pit); also half of the second wave.
squishy
Hyrule Warrior

Post by squishy »

First Wave I have Mario, Link and Samus pre-ordered and will pick up Donkey Kong, Marth, Kirby and Pikachu at a later point. Second Wave I'm looking at Pit and Zelda and that's it. On a side note, it was just announced that you can use the Link amiibo in Hyrule Warriors!
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

squishy wrote:On a side note, it was just announced that you can use the Link amiibo in Hyrule Warriors!
What does it do?
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Post by The Shoemaker »

Kong Wen wrote:
squishy wrote:On a side note, it was just announced that you can use the Link amiibo in Hyrule Warriors!
What does it do?
Like all Amiibo compatability - who knows! :lol:

It's nice to see that they are trying to add support to every game a character is in.