Terry Cavanagh's fave iOS games

A place to discuss mobile gaming across all tablet and smartphone platforms, including Android, iOS, and Windows.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Terry Cavanagh's fave iOS games

Post by Kong Wen »

It's Super Hexagon's 2nd birthday today, and as part of an indie game showcase on iTunes, Terry Cavanagh got to highlight a few of his favourite games available on the platform.

I thought this would be worth posting here because Terry has made some great games and has curated an indie game site for a long time, so he's bound to have some nice recommendations. I haven't tried many of the games on his list yet, but now that there's a thread here to prevent the list from descending into Internet obscurity, I'll chip away at them over time. ;)
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Spore
Hello.
Hello.

Re: Terry Cavanagh's fave iOS games

Post by Spore »

Of these I've played some Boson X, English Country Tune, Kairo, Kero Blaster, and McPixel. Aside from the last one, they're all really neato. Terry obviously has good tastes. The majority of these games have simple gameplay hooks that are explored in a variety of ways. This list is very indicative of how he approaches design in his own games. I also didn't know a single one of these games existed off of PC. Cool.