Battletoads

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Battletoads

Post by Claytone »

Anyone else playing the new 'toads? I bought it outright, but it was on GamePass Day 1, and I know we have some GamePass subscribers. Reviews have only been so-so, but I've enjoyed what I've played so far. I know some of the more annoying parts are things I haven't reached yet, though. I expect this will end up being one of those games with a lot of good ideas bogged down by a few bad. Hopefully that means a refined sequel could be truly great!
You got BOOST power!
The Shoemaker
Local Legend
Local Legend

Re: Battletoads

Post by The Shoemaker »

I'll try it out with game pass at some point! Never played the original so I don't really have the drive to play it. Been looking for something really casual to play though so maybe this will be it!
Currently reading: A Feast For Crows AND A Dance With Dragons
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Post by Kong Wen »

The Shoemaker wrote: 24 Aug 2020 22:30 something really casual
:wave:
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
Claytone
Southland Scion
Southland Scion

Post by Claytone »

The Shoemaker wrote: 24 Aug 2020 22:30 I'll try it out with game pass at some point! Never played the original so I don't really have the drive to play it. Been looking for something really casual to play though so maybe this will be it!
Well, you can see my full thoughts over in the game clear thread, but there definitely is a rough patch about 3/4 of the way through the game. I'd still says it's good overall, but it's a shame because it could've been much better! Worth playing though, and I bet it's a blast co-op regardless. For obvious reasons, I played it solo, though, because of its baffling lack of online multiplayer. Also, you could always play on easy too if you don't want to deal with some of the frustrating later bits.

For GamePass users, it's an easy recommendation to try for free! I guess that's one of the perks. Still don't know if I'll ever get GP, but the convenience of being able to download any game on there at basically no risk is pretty nice for sure.
You got BOOST power!