Raiden 5

Microsoft discussion, including Xbox 360, Xbox One, Scorpio, Xbox Live Arcade, Achievements & Gamerscore, Games on Demand, and Kinect.
Kong Wen
Just a Normal Kong
Just a Normal Kong

Raiden 5

Post by Kong Wen »

Raiden 5 will be coming to Xbox One in Japan in 2015. There was a teaser trailer shown at TGS, but it isn't online yet. Also no word on whether this will get a release outside of Japan.
• TONe's Discord server is a laid-back place to chill & chat
• Please subscribe to help my Langrisser channel on YouTube!
• Follow me on Twitch to get a notification when I'm streaming
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Re: Raiden 5

Post by VictorViper »

One of a few attractive 'Bone titles, but I'll be patient - took a while, but Sony did eventually get IV.
Natural laws are born and raised in disorder.

Bubblegum: Da House Rules. Da Setting.
Sharecrow
Wyvern
Wyvern

Post by Sharecrow »

VictorViper wrote:One of a few attractive 'Bone titles, but I'll be patient - took a while, but Sony did eventually get IV.
I actually ended up passing on IV as it looks like it had some risqué panels on the sides of the screen. Seemed unnecessary to me but designer's choice and all that. I hope that's not a recurring tendency for the series to incorporate stuff like that. It's a shooter.
I’ve been waiting for the sun to come up. Waiting for the showers to stop. Waiting for the penny to drop. One time. And I’ve been standing in a cloud of plans. Standing on the shifting sands. Hoping for an open hand. One time.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Honestly, I never even noticed. First thing I do with a vert is turn those suckers black.

TheGreatNads
Aspirant

Post by TheGreatNads »

I wonder where the Raiden series actually goes from here? The last one was sort of a hybrid between classic Raiden and bullet hell games from what I gather, will they continue in that direction or try something different? It's cool that a series like Raiden is still getting new entries, but I'm curious what will inspire the creators this time around.
VictorViper
Vic's Last Stand
Vic's Last Stand

Post by VictorViper »

Raiden IV was hardly a bullet hell game, but it was definitely more manic/intense compared to earlier entries. To me it felt comparable to Gunbird, in that regard.